help with mini dried flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ns21

Reaction score
O.k. so I just bought a couple of those mini dried flowers from LeChat and I am having a hard time putting them on the nails.

Does anyone know how? Do I place them on top of a finished nail or do I encase them in the nail? Can I use acrylic or do I use gel?

Please help!!

Nidia

i don't use the exact same flowers that you've got, but what i do is..... brush on a little adhesive to the spot where i want to put the flower and then place the dried flower in position and gently smooth the edges down. i have used clear gel and clear l&p over them and not had a problem. hope this helps.

Same as Dianne above i use brush on adhesive o hold them in place find it better to encase them. I tend to use near the smile line so they grow out quicker as you quite often get a yellow mark left on nail so when its time t rebalance you can buff it out.

HTH

sorry if this sounds like a silly question but ive been just applying topcoat and then apply the flower and then over with top coat again, but if i wanted to encase them do you apply the tip and then place the flower and then proceed with the acylic application? if not how do you encase!!

Hiya,
Create your nail using your regular system, in the usual way(nice & thin),
Before your final buff down, dab a little resin or adhesive where you want to put the flower,
Place the flower, & then go over the whole nail with a thin layer of gel or acrylic.
Like Lucia, I too find it better to actually encase them, they last & look better and, if you have done your final layer thin enough, they are easy to buff off if your client wants them removed at the next visit.
Hth.

ooohh glo thats lovely what did you use in the tip of that hun?

They are lovely...i love the wedding ones...how would i use this glitter with my Brisa ? and do you do the two different size flowers ? Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back