Help With My Gel Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Reaction score
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone can offer me any advice on a problem with a new client (am going to ring company in morning but am bothered tonight).

Did a full set of sculptured gels on a new client last week. Prep, application etc same as normal. She rang tonight to say that they were cracking around the sides. She said she hadn't done anything she shouldn't. She is a smoker and she uses sunbeds. No one else I did at the same time, including myself, has had any problems like this. Never encountered this in the past either.

Any comments would be very much appreciated as this will bother me all night.

Thanks

Marjorie

Hiya

What brand do you use? What type of gel is it?? Is she a new client? Does she normall have any problems or is this the first time?
Depending on the brand sunbeds and smoking shouldnt make any difference.
Are the crack length ways or going across? Does she oil her nails twice a day? What is her lifestyle? Has she been doing any heavy gardening or lifting??
If you are sure you cured for long enough and no other clients have the same problem i would conclude that your client is either a canibal or very heavy handed. Make sure if any "come" off that she brings them in for you! ;)

i had the same problem myself one time when i had a set of gel nails applied, the answer to my problem was easily detectable though....i couldnt keep them out of my mouth and the constant nibbling cracked all the gel :o so it might be worth finding out if she is a nibbler like me

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
i had the same problem myself one time when i had a set of gel nails applied, the answer to my problem was easily detectable though....i couldnt keep them out of my mouth and the constant nibbling cracked all the gel :o so it might be worth finding out if she is a nibbler like me

stanleyann

Stanleyann is SO right. Nibblers, and biters always have their nails in their mouth even if they are not actually biting them. They like to 'squeez' them!! I confess to doing this myself.

Pressure down the sides of the nails is rare, unless they are doing the sqeeze thing! AND they will hardly be aware of doing it until they crackle. Bet you 100% this is what is happening.

NIbbling and biting is a hard habit to break (if not impossible) so the perfect solution is to have your cake and eat it too!! Have the nail enhancements applied, and then 'play' with them in your mouth.

Thanks girls

Her nails didn't look bitten - just short. I've been in touch with NSI ( It's Balance Gel) and they have told me to ring back when I have the client with me so I can talk them through what I can see. I've had problems with 'shadows' before (as I talked to you about before Gigi) but I can honestly say I've never had any lifting or cracking. I am so worried about doing a 'perfect' set every time that I try to be meticulous with prep and application. (This means about 2 hours for a set). I haven't even had this problem on my right hand and I find this the most difficult one to do and file!!

When I see her nails I'll be able to judge better. I just hate to think that I've done a crap set of nails, when I'm sure that I did nothing different.

Will let u know the outcome.

Marjorie

you may not see any signs of biting cookie....biting and nibbling or squeezing as geeg so rightly put it are 2 different things.....i never chewed or bit the nails right off (i'm not a nail biter) i would just play around with them in my mouth all the time, squeezing them between my teeth and gently nibbling at them.....they always ended up looking awfull as the overlay would just crack all over (especially the sides) i also used to get little chips of overlay coming away from the sides too........it would be worth it to find out if that is the cause of your clients problem

stanleyann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back