Help with my little girl's hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
Sorry not a hair geek, but your advice would be appreciated!

My little girl (aged 2 1/2) has really fine hair. It grows really long at the back, but does not seem to grow on the top. She has had cradle cap since she was born, tried everything and cannot get rid of it.

It seems to only grow from the back of the top of her head! (if that makes sense) and looks like it is resceading?

Don't know what to do with it. My hairdresser just trims it, but never puts an shape in it?

I wouldn't worry too much yet.
My daughter was almost bald till she was 3 and a half. Now she's got the most fabulous thick head of wavy hair (from her fathers' side, not me. Worst luck !)
Is your daughter blonde? It tends to be a different, finer texture
HTHs

well first of all she is beautiful...and everything looks totally normal....:hug:

All my 5 have had hair like that...it was about 4 years old before they got anything worth brushing....

as for the cradle cap...as per chat room...!!!!

Never pick...
Don't over stimulate...
Don't use OTC shampoo's
Warm some olive oil and apply couple times a week...
Don't wash her hair too often...
search the internet for info....

This is motherly advice...not professional advice.. xxxx

Good luck...

I used olive oil on my little girl, worked wonders. As for not much hair my little one was the same ... dont worry it will come, my little one is 5 now and she has hair infact ive properly cut it about 5 times now!! I was redundant for such a long time!!

My middle daughter had very little hair until she was about 3 years she also suffered badly from cradle cap and as already said warm olive oil or even baby oil works very well but don't worry to much xxx

Hi , here is something that I found that may help the cradle cap ,

A nurse suggested baking soda mixed with water to toothpaste consistency and spread over the cradle cap. leave to dry and brush out. we've found that we need to wash it fully out after brushing but it works wonders and is less messy than oil. although it does look slightly barmy while it's drying!

I would just have it trimmed around every 8 to 10 weeks ,
until it thickens out theres not a lot you can do with it , hth x

Latest posts

Back