Help with nail biter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelardn

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end!
The longest her nails last is 1 week. I sculpt l&p (just clear then polish) but her biting has got worse so I am now struggling even to put on a form.
Any help and advice will be appreciated xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349799536.526498.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349799536.526498.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,597
I tried this method but she has such lump that I found this impossible :(

Why do we try so hard for these people who disrespect what we do for them?

Tell her that how they last is down to her and if she cant control her habit then really ... what are you supposed to do? Ditch her. or keep taking her money ... she has to pay for her habit.

Yep, what geeg said. Until I quit biting and let mine grow out, I rarely got more than a week. There is just not enough platform to adhere anything to. If they grow some, they will last longer. Suggest weekly fills till they've grown a bit.
Or as soon as she has lifting or loses one. Whichever comes first. It won't take much product, so you might offer her a slightly lower price, as that might be a deterrent for her coming in sooner.
Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Yep, what geeg said. Until I quit biting and let mine grow out, I rarely got more than a week. There is just not enough platform to adhere anything to. If they grow some, they will last longer. Suggest weekly fills till they've grown a bit.
Or as soon as she has lifting or loses one. Whichever comes first. It won't take much product, so you might offer her a slightly lower price, as that might be a deterrent for her coming in sooner.
Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I would make her pay double for my expertise on such a horrible platform. Less?? you must be kidding! lol

I once offered a client like this a 6 week gelpolish treatment. She paid 3 treatments in advance (so she wouldn't bail out) and the first 2 appointments we only did clear Gelish with extra structure gel to keep them in place. The third appointment I put a neutral color on her nails. I redid them every 2 weeks.

I expressly told her that no product can do miracles and she had to do most of the work herself, gave her cuticle oil to use religiously and told her whenever she felt the need to bite that she should oil instead. She had already paid the three treatments so she couldn't just quit after the first and I told her that she should call me if she so much as picked one off and I would fix it for her. But I also told her that I would charge her if she did.

She didn't pick of a single one and didn't bite her nails for 6 weeks:)

Haven't heard from her since so it could well be that she relapsed but while she saw me all was good:)

Maybe try something similar? Tell her that you cannot put enhancements on her while she still bites her nails but you are willing to help her quit the habit?

If she has a nail lift of loses one she expects to be seen right away and if I can't accommodate her she just picks them all off! I'm seriously considering telling her to go elsewhere as she makes me doubt myself. I dread seeing her name on my phone x

If she has a nail lift of loses one she expects to be seen right away and if I can't accommodate her she just picks them all off! I'm seriously considering telling her to go elsewhere as she makes me doubt myself. I dread seeing her name on my phone x

I don't do nail enhancements myself but if i was in your shoes i would be honest and firm with her. She will be making her nails even worse biting them off!
I have had people like this will Gelicure, people will bite, pick, fiddle etc or try and get me to apply on soft, thin weak nails (which i don't agree to) and then have the cheek to come and say the product is rubbish and doesn't last! Clients who treat their nails like jewels and look after them correctly always get 2 - 3 weeks wear sometimes more.

Careless clients aren't worth keeping as they obviously don't want to take care of others hard work!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back