Help with nail condition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuteiclestoyou

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
This is my first post so please be gentle :) basically on my nail course exam day the person working on my hands ruined my nails completely by using the wrong grit file and being very heavy handed, she did admit she hadn't practiced at all at the end!!!! I use to have lovely nails but now they are thin, very sensitive and extremely short (I have included a picture)
9e6a6eja.jpg

My question is other than regular manicures what else can I do to improve the condition and get them back to how they use to be. It's embarrassing when I tell people I'm a nail tech and they look straight at my nails and see the mess they are in. Thank you in advance! X x x

Get some solar oil and use religiously, you could try a brisa lite smoothing overlay to help protect as they grow x

Thank you, Ive just recently got some solar oil so putting in on a lot at the moment.
Ive got the Brisa Lite sculpting gel but hoping to get the smoothing at Olympia! Thanks for the help :) x

This happened to me in my training :-( solar oil and time xx

Silly me only just realized i was logged on to my old account to reply (so much for forgetting my username lol)
It was a pain cause i couldn't say anything because it would of been seen as cheating because i would of been helping her, i have to say i bit my tongue all the way through and just cried when i got in the car because my nails were the one thing i loved the most about myself!! (low self esteem here lol) I'm going to overload on the solar oil and definitely get some smoothing gel to protect them!
Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it :) x x x

You did well to bite your tongue , I would've been tempted to whack her on nose with the file lol xx

Brisa light smoothing gel should do the trick and gallons of solar oil lol x

You poor thing! I would have been shooting her daggers or flinching or something to give her a hint. Certainly looks painful. My nails were trashed after school as well. That was before brisa lite so I just kept shellac on them and lots of solar oil as everyone else has said. They will grow out and be back to normal.

Latest posts

Back