Help with next promotion/offer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, I haven't posted on here for a whilst, but all help and advice much appreciated! I live in Spain and I am going through a real quiet patch in my salon a.t.m, and I am getting really worried as Summer is coming and I should be much busier. I do a small amount of advertising in local mags, papers and in shops/bars, but usually find that I get customers from word of mouth, refer a friend etc...., Anyway, as I need to drum up some more business I was thinking about trying to do kiddies parties or offering something to holiday makers and their children. Could someone help me with a package/offer that would be good for both groups. I could get them in the shop or maybe look into setting up a couple of days outside a bar or something (not sure of the implications on that though just yet). I will need something simple and effective. I have read many posts and was personally thinking of offering a mini mani/pedi with free nail art stickers or maybe a free gift, What do you think ? Plus could anyone offer some good advice on headings for a flyer etc..., to get people thinking about it ?:rolleyes:

have you checked out the articles and biz section for advertising on the site?? There are some really good ones.

Hi.
I know how it feels to have a quiet patch - eek! The best thing I ever did was invest in an A-board, you can update it as often as you like and really works!! If you have pavement space for one I would order one now!!
On the kids parties front, have you thought of beauty school? We used to do these and they were very popular. You can theme them eg, manicure or skin care and make up. It means you only need 1 therapist for a group of children. sit them all around a table and teach them how to look after their nails etc demonstrating each part on a different child and then getting them to work on each other. Its great, means you do not have rowdy kids trashing your salon whilst the others have treatments!! give them each a goody bag at the end, with little bits and pieces, you can make this optional and charge an extra, say £5 per head for and give them a simple certificate to say they completed their training! They love it. If your salon is big enough you can offer the moms a discount (say 20% off a treatment whilst the girls are having their lesson.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Carrie

Latest posts

Back