Help with noisy hair salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegance grace

Reaction score
Hi every one. I'm a salon owner and have a salon above a hair salon and a treatment room within the hair salon which I am finding now is very noisy. Any suggestions how to sound proof a room? I have been using room for waxing and some other treatments but now I have taken on another therapist part time I want to use the room for facials and massage but the hairdresser shouts over the drier and I do my best to tell her I'm going into a certain treatment. However no such luck she is still noisy and so are her clients. The building is only 2 years old and I've decorated it with time and effort. I've asked joiners and builders and have been told expanding foam would help. I really could do without redecorating. Has any one done any soundproofing? And how? Thank you for any help or hints

I had same issues here. what i did was what you should consider, very low a cost and very effective!! I offered to do a free massage for all the stylists. As they were getting their massage the others stylists were doing what stylists do. And everyone of the commented on how distracting the noise from other stylists was. Then after they all had their massages i had a short meeting explaining that they would be no more talking while their blow driers were running as its unprofessional and just too loud. It has been very much better since i did that. I believe if they had not experienced the noise level themselves I'd not had much luck with the sound control. Hope it works for you!

Hi thank you for that. The only thing is the hairdresser can't stand massage or facials etc and she would simply tell me she wouldn't have the time. Her apprentice was was beauty apprentice until qualified last year and really should know better! I might ask the hairdresser though, talk her into it or try xx thank you

How about trying to mask their noise with some soft music of your own? X

Have tried with music and kept making it louder and Louder as they continued to shout above hair drier. It got to point where I thought this is a little silly.

I'm exactly in the same boat as you!

I rent a room above a hair salon, very busy and 12 stylists downstairs who have a habit of stomping up the stairs!! (Staff room next to my room!)

When I have waxing in it's fine. However with massage and facials I put a sign up where everyone can see it, usually the entrance to the stairs and jot down... Massage during 12:30-1:30 ssssshhhhh.

It works for me! We all have a really good relationship and you do need the hair stylists on your side as they help sell your treatments for you.

I also have a roll I put up againt the door to block out noise.

When there extra quiet I reward them with chocolate too!

Hope this helps :p

Hi that sounds good. There is just the 2 stylists so won't be too difficult. Interested in the roll you use? I was thinking of a thermal door curtain to block out some noise, is this what you use or similar? Xx

It's a draught door roll from Laura Ashley. I'm not sure if it does much but I like it there just in case!

Latest posts

Back