Help with ombré!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie_deanne

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in need of a bit of help with doing ombré nail fades! After reading posts on here I have noticed a lot of people saying it is easier/less messy to do with powder or loose eyeshadow? I was wondering how do you apply the powder onto the nail to get the ombré effect? I usually use a sponge and pots of paint but it can get a bit messy! Any tips would be appreciated :)
Katie xx

Hi, do you mean with normal polish or gel polish?
I use pigments/ additives to do ombré with shellac and vinylux.
But with regular polish I paint the nail in 2 coats of a colour then sponge on my second colour.
Xx

Yes sorry I use IBD just gel polishes :)

In that case I'd definitely recommend CND additives.
It is so quick and easy to do ombré with them. Do your colour coats & cure then with a brush dust a tiny amount either up or down the nail (whichever way you want your fade) then id do 2 topcoats.
Xx

Fab thanks for the tips, will defo have to make some purchases then :) xx

Ombre is also easy with acrylic paints sponged on. Just paint the stripes on the sponge, overlapping slightly and sponge onto the nail moving sponge slightly up and down :lol:

Search for mica powders, I got lots from eBay! I also use additives but they are more expensive xxxxx

Latest posts

Back