Help with party lashes, watering eyes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkDiamond

Reaction score
I need help or some tips please im at the end of my tether, i do loads of party lashes but 90% of clients leave with streaming eyes i use sensitive glue i put gel pads under the eyes during the treatment then use a hand fan to dry the glue and get rid of the fumes before the client opens their eyes cant think of anything else to try im starting to feel awful when the clients leave and then worry about them for the rest of the day i love doing them and dont want to stop but at the same time dont want client discomfort x also i always manage to get a couple of bottom lashes stuck to the top lashes despite using the gel pads! Does anyone have tips for this? X

What glue are you using and when you say party lashes do you mean cluster?
x

Yes sorry should of said cluster xx i use lash emporium sensitive glue hun xx

Eyes should be kept open during cluster lashes. Hth :)

I don't know how it works but it does stop the eyes from watering ;-)

I agree, cluster lashes with eyes slightly open to avoid sticking to bottom lashes.
Is the glue you are using semi-perm glue? If so, this shouldnt really be used for cluster, as cluster need to be removed after a few days as they have been applied to more than 1 lash. x

I don't know how it works but it does stop the eyes from watering ;-)

Agree Hun I got taught you have eyes open during cluster lash application. Prevent bottom lashes sticking to top lashes too. I use marvel lash glue and not many of my clients eyes water only the odd one or two. X

Yeah i was taught to do them open too but thought it would stop the watering if they were closed il give it a bash with them open slightly and see how it goes x il try the marvel lash glue too im willing to try anything x i also do the individual lashes the same way too and have the same problem could i be using too much glue? Xx thanks girls x

Yeah i was taught to do them open too but thought it would stop the watering if they were closed il give it a bash with them open slightly and see how it goes x il try the marvel lash glue too im willing to try anything x i also do the individual lashes the same way too and have the same problem could i be using too much glue? Xx thanks girls x

Ye too much glue will make them water more you only need a small amount of glue. There's a bit of bad press on here about marvel lash glue but I think it's great use it all the time and have ha no problems with it at all x

Ah thankyou thats great i will give it a try xx

I am going to add eyelashes to my list but haven't done them in a LONG time. For the past 2-3 wks I have read up on this, followed comments on SG and watched God knows how many YouTube vids just to refresh my memory. have spent most of my day on YouTube watching how clusters are applied, and most of them are with eyes closed but if the person is applying them to herself then they're open and they all used Ardelle the glue was Duo. I have my sis to practice on and the thought of her eyes stinging terrifies me so will try with eyes open. May even do hubby first lol:) x

I think it's your glue that's causing the problem - lash emporium don't sell any glue suitable for cluster lashes as far as I can see on their website.

You need an adhesive suitable for only a few days like Ardell xx

I wouldn't advise using the semi-perm glue for cluster/party lashes as you do need to do them with eyes slightly open to avoid sticking to the bottom and the fumes will cause irritation. As I understand they are supposed to be for short wear - 2/3/4 days max? I use the duo glue therefore which is the same as you'd use on strip lashes. They are very effective and great for a party. I do them on myself too. Nowhere near as lovely as proper eyelash extensions but a fraction of the price!

Here are 2 pics of the same client. One with eyelash extensions and one with the party lashes on. Which do you prefer?

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,194
  • 22 lash.jpg
    22 lash.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 563
The glue is for semi permanent individual eyelashes NOT cluster lashes under any circumstances. Your insurance won't cover the use of this glue with these lashes either! I suggest switching glue. The glue is for sensitive eyes BUT clients should still have their eyes clothes. Regardless of the amount of glue it's should not be used x

The problem, that a lot of people don't realise is the AMOUNT of glue that a cluster lash will pick up when it is dipped in glue.

A single, individual lash extension will only hold a tiny amount of glue. A cluster lash will hold quite a blob of glue at the base. (Blob: VERY technical lashing term)! LOL

This is why clients eyes are streaming. There are so many fumes coming from the glue at the end of application purely due to the amount of glue that is near the client's lashline.

This is only one of the reasons why you MUST use a glue suitable for clusters. Ardell lashtite or duo are probably the best ones.

Using SP glue for clusters will absolutely wreck clients lashes too.

However, I am sure I am wasting my time posting this advice as me (and many others) have been giving this advice for EVER, and no-one takes any notice. :cry:

The problem, that a lot of people don't realise is the AMOUNT of glue that a cluster lash will pick up when it is dipped in glue.

A single, individual lash extension will only hold a tiny amount of glue. A cluster lash will hold quite a blob of glue at the base. (Blob: VERY technical lashing term)! LOL

This is why clients eyes are streaming. There are so many fumes coming from the glue at the end of application purely due to the amount of glue that is near the client's lashline.

This is only one of the reasons why you MUST use a glue suitable for clusters. Ardell lashtite or duo are probably the best ones.

Using SP glue for clusters will absolutely wreck clients lashes too.

However, I am sure I am wasting my time posting this advice as me (and many others) have been giving this advice for EVER, and no-one takes any notice. :cry:

Grab yourself a cuppa and talk to the wall :) that's what I'm doing x

Grab yourself a cuppa and talk to the wall :) that's what I'm doing x

I've been talking to the wall a lot longer than you PP. I'm getting worried though coz I'm sure it's starting to talk back!!!

We've just got to keep plugging away

I've been talking to the wall a lot longer than you PP. I'm getting worried though coz I'm sure it's starting to talk back!!!

We've just got to keep plugging away

Aww bless u. Mine hasn't answered me back yet! I guess like other treatments there will be things like this that people scream noooo!

Possibly using cluster/ weekend lashes without bulbs on the end would also help as u wouldn't pick up as much adhesive.

Eyes slightly open with client looking down. Ensure an adhesive with no noxious vapours is used to avoid any discomfort and watering eyes. :)

Possibly using cluster/ weekend lashes without bulbs on the end would also help as u wouldn't pick up as much adhesive.

Eyes slightly open with client looking down. Ensure an adhesive with no noxious vapours is used to avoid any discomfort and watering eyes. :)

With or without bulbs the glue the op uses is NOT suitable for use with cluster lashs! Also regardless of how they are applied.

Latest posts

Back