Help with PB gmex please and any advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys

well me being me , im trying to organise myself a week in advance lol, now im coming by car to manchester on sunday , so what i wondered was :?:

a) best car park and is it pay and display ie, i need to judge how long im going to be before hand or pay on exit, so no need to worry? and is it easy to find gmex (manchester central) from there

b) can you pay by card at PB or best to take cash?

c) what to do about lunch? can you leave and re-enter or is there somewhere to eat there or do i birng something

d) it says 10.00 - 6pm , do i need to get there early, or can you still get on at say 11 or 12? just incase i get stuck parking etc

see im a total worry wart, but im already thinking maybe i wont go, although i know i need to, but if i start thinking of problems . ill work myself up until im freaked out rofl, so need to know everything i need to know:eek:

and does anyone have any tips please, may sound stupid , but those of you who go regularly, may just have some pearls of wisdom to share, :idea:

thanks in advance

Nicky xxxxx

oh and ive just read the PB Dublin thread, where they say , as well as having a ticket to get in, you need proof of being in the trade? what the hell do you take with you for that? i dont have a business cheque book, so would business card do? or do you need to take certs with you? dosent mention anything on the leaflet i got with my ticket

arrgghhh see im starting to panic now

off to do shopping see you later xxxx

Ok, lets start off with some nice slow deep breaths. Feel better?

Ok, to tackle the questions:

a) The best carpark is probably going to be the NCP underneath the G-Mex, these tend to be pay on exit now and checking the NCP site it states that payment by credit card is fine!
b) Depends on the stand, some take cards, some are cash or cheque only. Instead of taking loads of cash with you I'd suggest you take your cheque book and guarantee card. Cash machines probably available but would charge you and you don't have to worry about walking around with lots of cash in your purse.
c) There will be food places around the venue you can use, and yes once you have your badge you can leave and re-enter as many times as you like. A lot of these venues have expensive and poor food vendors so I often buy my lunch before I get there or take a packed lunch.
d) The earlier you get there the long you can take to look around and soak up all the information available, but there is no requirement to be there at a certain time. You can get there at 3pm if you only wanted to visit one stand.

I've been to many trade shows and I have never been asked to provide any trade info, a business card usually suffices. But if you have your badge / ticket then that is all you need to get in.

Any special advice? Before you go look a the list of exhibitors, write down all the ones you particularly want to see and note down their stand numbers. Then when you get there work out your bearings and visit these stands first. Try to avoid distractions from other stands, make a note of any that look interesting to go back to.

This was you will ensure you see everything that is top of your list and then you can spend the rest of the day wandering around all the other stands to see what is of interest.

Also take time outs, grab a coffee or take a bottle of water (i often refill using the water fountains / taps) and have a sit down and drink every so often. Don't tire yourself out ... enjoy the day!

Hugs
Mat xx

Ok, lets start off with some nice slow deep breaths. Feel better?

Ok, to tackle the questions:

a) The best carpark is probably going to be the NCP underneath the G-Mex, these tend to be pay on exit now and checking the NCP site it states that payment by credit card is fine!
b) Depends on the stand, some take cards, some are cash or cheque only. Instead of taking loads of cash with you I'd suggest you take your cheque book and guarantee card. Cash machines probably available but would charge you and you don't have to worry about walking around with lots of cash in your purse.
c) There will be food places around the venue you can use, and yes once you have your badge you can leave and re-enter as many times as you like. A lot of these venues have expensive and poor food vendors so I often buy my lunch before I get there or take a packed lunch.
d) The earlier you get there the long you can take to look around and soak up all the information available, but there is no requirement to be there at a certain time. You can get there at 3pm if you only wanted to visit one stand.

I've been to many trade shows and I have never been asked to provide any trade info, a business card usually suffices. But if you have your badge / ticket then that is all you need to get in.

Any special advice? Before you go look a the list of exhibitors, write down all the ones you particularly want to see and note down their stand numbers. Then when you get there work out your bearings and visit these stands first. Try to avoid distractions from other stands, make a note of any that look interesting to go back to.

This was you will ensure you see everything that is top of your list and then you can spend the rest of the day wandering around all the other stands to see what is of interest.

Also take time outs, grab a coffee or take a bottle of water (i often refill using the water fountains / taps) and have a sit down and drink every so often. Don't tire yourself out ... enjoy the day!

Hugs
Mat xx

Excellent advice mat, couldnt have put it better!

Why thankyou ... happy to help.

phew mat thanks for that i feel much better now, will get there early with my plan of action tucked under my arm and my bottle of water, will bring something with me to eat and a cheque book and card,

your a star thanks hun xxxx

noe just had another thought (yes i know i need to be careful lol) a lot of the offers ive just been reading through, say vat free on orders placed on the day or delivery 'x' amount etc, are there products to bu and take away on the day or is it all to order, just wondering should i bring a large bag with me incase i get carried away lol

xxxxx

I take a small suitcase on wheels with the handle so i can drag it about rather than carrying everything and wear comfortable shoes this is a must lol,
some big things are order and have delivered but most things you can buy and take away on the day hth.
Now stop worrying,
trade shows are ace and to be enjoyed not anything to have a nervous breakdown over lol :hug:

Again, depends on the supplier. Some have plenty of product there others take orders for delivery, some do both!

Another tip: Don't wear warm clothes! It's always very warm and humid inside. Lots of people and lots of noise. If you have a little bit of clautrophobia it will be worse if you wear lots of clothes. I speak of experience...:) And yes, bring a bottle of water and a suitcase with wheels. (And watch out for other people (me! :-D) with suitcases with wheels...:))

C.

oh god me queen of claustrophobia, im gonna do so well here arnt i lolol,

i cannot steer those suitcase on wheels things, i would wreck peoples toes, so im sticking to bags, anyway i like carrying loads of shopping bags, make sme feel like ive had good day if im weighed down with bags pmsl, anyway i can always pop to car to unload cant i rofl

ooh im so excited, only thing is im absolutley dying of cold and have been ill all weekend, just hope im feeling up to going by then at the moment the thought of leaving the house is making me feel ill lol

Nicky xx

Make sure you're wearing a VERY comfortable pair of shoes, as you're going to be doing lots of walking around (probably a few miles by the time you've finished).

The two most important pieces of advice:

1. HAVE FUN.
2. Impossible though it may be, try to stick to your shopping list and budget!

oh god me queen of claustrophobia, im gonna do so well here arnt i lolol,

i cannot steer those suitcase on wheels things, i would wreck peoples toes, so im sticking to bags, anyway i like carrying loads of shopping bags, make sme feel like ive had good day if im weighed down with bags pmsl, anyway i can always pop to car to unload cant i rofl

ooh im so excited, only thing is im absolutley dying of cold and have been ill all weekend, just hope im feeling up to going by then at the moment the thought of leaving the house is making me feel ill lol

Nicky xx

It's still some days left to get better! :hug:

Haha, I liked what you said about all the bags. The thing is that it will be more and more heavy and, trust me, your neck and shoulder will NOT feel good after some hours...:)

C.

Awwwww nikki, you did make me smile then with your nerves and excitement lol,
you sound just like me,

But yeah ill second comfy shoes,
Last year I bought a waxing starter kit.got it nice and early to make sure we didnt miss out....omg it was agony carrying it round for hours, and knocking people out with it hanging off my shoulder :green:

And yeah try to take a note of any stalls you want to go back to, stand number , its so easy to get lost and not be able to find it again....or get carried away and forget to go back, then remember when you get home...you'll be gutted lol

HAVE FUN :hug:

you can park in the castlefield hotel carpark for £4 for the full day, and its only 2 min walk from g-mex - thats what im doing flower - its easier and less hassle

ooh now i dont know what to do lol, i had gmex ncp carpark ready in sat nav, now im wondering would i better going where you suggest Glynis? only reason i was choosing the gmex was i thought i couldnt get lost finding it after parking rofl and easier to dump stuff after youve bought too much pmsl,

but now i dont know, i know ill get there earlier than i need to , i always do lol, so shouldnt have problem parking in gmex, but at least i have back up plan now if i can get space i suppose

ooh desicions desicions, im useless lol

and now im wndering whether to find my wheeled suitcase in loft, its about 45cm x 35 cm? hummmmm what to do lol

thanks again for all the advice guys, xxx

Apologies for those that do it but those suitcases that people bring to shows really annoy me. It always seems that poeple are for ever runnung over my toes with them or get in the way when there are big crowds - they always seem to head for me! :irked:

Apologies for those that do it but those suitcases that people bring to shows really annoy me. It always seems that poeple are for ever runnung over my toes with them or get in the way when there are big crowds - they always seem to head for me! :irked:

see this is what i was worried about, running over peeps toes, right thats one descision made, T you will be glad to know, im not taking mine !!:lol:

now if only i can make my mind up on the other 5 or 6 issues, ill be boxed rofl xxx

see this is what i was worried about, running over peeps toes, right thats one descision made, T you will be glad to know, im not taking mine !!:lol:

now if only i can make my mind up on the other 5 or 6 issues, ill be boxed rofl xxx

Thanks Nicky - :hug: Thats a relief!

Thanks Nicky - :hug: Thats a relief!

Haha, for the first time, I will not bring mine either! :-D I am planning to stuff my hotelroom..... :eek: :):):)

C.

Latest posts

Back