Help with purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celene

Reaction score
Had a client in with Virgin hair bleached up ends to a pale yellow ,applied purple ion from salon services and it came out silver ?almost acted like a toner ,then tryed on my hair which is highlighted and came out purple ?bamboozled with this and very angry :(client was very young so I'm nit sure if this had anything to do with it !help please

Yellow and purple = neutral

Tone first to neutralise the yellow then add the purple- so do a dual toner.

If your hair is more pourous or less yellow you would have got a more intense result.

Why would the age of the client have an effect?

Well her hair actually looked like had a slight build up on it ,was the only explanation as I have used this colour before ?was no hint of purple ,came out silver grey,really weird ,so ended up doing a 462 on it and it worked ,but has now washed out a little so applied the purple again on that and still never worked ?looked mauve

How could she have build up if you did a Virgin hair bleach application?

Just because a colour works on some one else doesn't mean you will get the same result on everyone. EVERYONE had a slightly different starting point, colour texture etc.

I could use 8.3 on 10 heads of hair and get 10 different results.

Yes i know that but what i meant was her hair looked oily shinny her mum been using a new treatment on hair ,so wondered if could have effected it ,I bleached it up to a nine,it wasnt white but was still light to take on the purple ,even salon services has not heard of that purple not working

A 9 is still gold, the purple would only neutralise. You need a cool level 9/10.

they will always tell you everything is great- it's called sales and you might not buy anymore :)

Yep that's right ,yea I'd thought that was mabe because it wasnt pure white but because she was only ten I didn't want to bleach it again and dry her hair ,but putting purple extensions in now ,just bloody annoying

You did a full head bleach on a 10 year old?

You shouldn't even colour anyone's hair under the age of 16?

Dare I even ask what strength peroxide you used to bleach?

No!!!! Do you think I'm nuts lol it was tips ,I've been a hairdressor for twenty years I would never dream of using bleach on a child's scalp !my god wouldn't even think anyone would dream of doing that unless they are nuts or a cowboy

Some salons let u if parents agree so don't feel bad as i have had a lot of young clients in my time and all there parents were ones who brought them in.

If her hair was bleached up to a level 9 it was not light enough to tone needs to be light yellow or pale orange

Thats why prob took so well on your hair and went to much as i bet its very blonde from colour build up over years
Ive used loads of toners in my time and had blue purple grey hair haha

If u want to get it out mix 3% perodixde with shampoo and pop on for 5 mins use about 10mls 3% and 15mls shampoo dont add bleach just peroxide and shampoo will work

Best toners to use are loreal po1 dialight 9.01 or 9.02 these i use alot on all my clients

You did a full head bleach on a 10 year old?

You shouldn't even colour anyone's hair under the age of 16?

Wow! You have just made your insurance null and void. As the mother of an 11 year old I would never touch her hair with bleach- children are beautiful they don't need bleached purple tips :(
If I were you I would look into investing in hair chalk for young clients or hair mascaras (think they are still around). It allows them the fun but without damage to her hair or you being sued :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some salons let u if parents agree so don't feel bad as i have had a lot of young clients in my time and all there parents were ones who brought them in.

If her hair was bleached up to a level 9 it was not light enough to tone needs to be light yellow or pale orange

Thats why prob took so well on your hair and went to much as i bet its very blonde from colour build up over years
Ive used loads of toners in my time and had blue purple grey hair haha

If u want to get it out mix 3% perodixde with shampoo and pop on for 5 mins use about 10mls 3% and 15mls shampoo dont add bleach just peroxide and shampoo will work

Best toners to use are loreal po1 dialight 9.01 or 9.02 these i use alot on all my clients

I'm really sorry if you think I keep jumping on you but your advice is really random and your statement above is incorrect, you are not insured to colour anyone's hair under the age of 16. Check EU legislation. Nothing to do with their parents.

And a full head bleach on a 10 year old is morally wrong IMO.

You stated how experienced you are with colour on another post so I find it hard to believe you don't know what your insurance policy is and that the products you use are unsuitable for those under the age of 16.

Thank you Emmalouise ,Yes like you say the parents consent ,that's why we only did do an inch of the ends tips as will be getting cut for going back to school ,

I have never asked age of clients but a lot of young school girls have had full head but we never ask age and then all salons i work in no one ever said anything or when i done all my colour degree was i told you have to be over 16 to have your hair coloured

Thank you Emmalouise ,Yes like you say the parents consent ,that's why we only did do an inch of the ends tips as will be getting cut for going back to school ,

Parent consent, tips or getting it cut for school doesn't matter- you are not insured to colour the hair of a person under the age of 16.

Funny how you choose to ignore the professional advice.

If anything goes wrong (which it has) and she decides to sue you are not covered.

I have never asked age of clients but a lot of young school girls have had full head but we never ask age and then all salons i work in no one ever said anything or when i done all my colour degree was i told you have to be over 16 to have your hair coloured

I suggest you look it up then- you run a mobile business how do you not know who you are insured to do and who you are not?

Colourgirly i think your getting confused not a full head scalp bleach she only bleached the ends ! And i was saying how we get girls in from school always having hair coloured and i have never been told you have to be over 16 .

Colourgirly i think your getting confused not a full head scalp bleach she only bleached the ends ! And i was saying how we get girls in from school always having hair coloured and i have never been told you have to be over 16 .

I'll say it again - you are not insured to colour any persons hair under the age of 16?

And out of curiosity who did you do your colour degree with?

Latest posts

Back