Help with purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would anyone want to bleach, colour, tint, highlight a child's hair? Whether it's a full head, tips or slices of colour.

Not only (as already stated) your insurance is invalid on colouring services on under 16's, but the fact of they grow up too fast as it is, let them keep their innocence.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree children grow up way too quickly! Probably a different topic altogether but peer pressure is enough already let alone having their hair upkeep on the colour/ damage/ wanting to better it each month too. Iv said to my daughter already she's not having ANY colour- semi/wash out/ any of that until she's min of 17 and I'm a hairdresser! Id like To think if I wasn't tho and she asked, a stylist would advice the same and not do it too! I wouldn't take on a colour service on anyone under 16 through principle. X

The reason that they tightened up the regulations about under 16's having their hair coloured is because it is though that if you colour your hair at a young age you are more likely to develop an allergy to hair colour. I think the link was between children between 12-15 developing an increased risk of sensitivity... We gotta look after our future generation of clients!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes guys I totally agree with what yiu are saying ,I too have a little girl and there is nobody more old fashioned than me ,I won't let her paint nails or wear lipstick Etc,she is only four ,but when you have clients whos parents are happy for it and agree,it's up to them ,because where I stay I have 15 salons in a small town so if I refuse the just go elsewhere it happens ! So I do not like turning anybody away from my shop,like I specified it was an inch of tips!!!!!that will be cut out before school goes back ! NOT on the scalp ,I think people getting eyebrows tinted and home dyes are at a far bigger risk of reactions ,like the post on the home page with the 13 or 14 year old who had her eyebrows done and took a bad reaction ,so I think you guys need to get off my case !

Can I just say if nobody under 16 gets their hair coloured in a salon they will do it themselves with a home colour and then will have disasters and more chance or reaction ,at least us as professionals can do skin test and give advise ,the job will be done properly ,never have I heard so much nonsense

Can I just say if nobody under 16 gets their hair coloured in a salon they will do it themselves with a home colour and then will have disasters and more chance or reaction ,at least us as professionals can do skin test and give advise ,the job will be done properly ,never have I heard so much nonsense

Rather that then be sued

Why would anyone want to bleach, colour, tint, highlight a child's hair? Whether it's a full head, tips or slices of colour.

Not only (as already stated) your insurance is invalid on colouring services on under 16's, but the fact of they grow up too fast as it is, let them keep their innocence.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I agree but yiu know what is worse little girls with nails done lipstick on and spray tans to me that is nit keeping their innocence

Nearly me ,each to your own that is your opinion ,every salon i know does colours on 15 years olds and I can assure you half the hairdressers on this will too !!! Again I'm talking HIGHLIGHTS OFF THE SCALP

Nearly me ,each to your own that is your opinion ,every salon i know does colours on 15 years olds and I can assure you half the hairdressers on this will too !!! Again I'm talking HIGHLIGHTS OFF THE SCALP

Not a single salon I know does. Except the cheap nasty ones that are desperate for money

Yes guys I totally agree with what yiu are saying ,I too have a little girl and there is nobody more old fashioned than me ,I won't let her paint nails or wear lipstick Etc,she is only four ,but when you have clients whos parents are happy for it and agree,it's up to them ,because where I stay I have 15 salons in a small town so if I refuse the just go elsewhere it happens ! So I do not like turning anybody away from my shop,like I specified it was an inch of tips!!!!!that will be cut out before school goes back ! NOT on the scalp ,I think people getting eyebrows tinted and home dyes are at a far bigger risk of reactions ,like the post on the home page with the 13 or 14 year old who had her eyebrows done and took a bad reaction ,so I think you guys need to get off my case !

The difference is that we are all stating a FACT. Parental guidence is your OPINION. We can argue with your opinion, unfortunately you can't argue with facts.

Not turning away business is what you choose to do. I rather be know for turning down un skin tested clients and under 16 year olds than we known as the salon that will do anything.

Not a single salon I know does. Except the cheap nasty ones that are desperate for money

Ps I am not saying that is you just that it is the case round here

Well again ,up the the individual and it's not a case of being cheap n nasty and money grabbing its a case of not turning away clients ,"nearly me " just keep your nasty comments to yourself please !so now we have to ask people to bring in ID now too ,incase the lie about their age ?.

Well again ,up the the individual and it's not a case of being cheap n nasty and money grabbing its a case of not turning away clients ,"nearly me " just keep your nasty comments to yourself please !so now we have to ask people to bring in ID now too ,incase the lie about their age ?.

Don't you get new clients for colour to fill out a consultation form when they come in for a skin test? If they lie about their age then you will have it in black and white.
I didn't make any nasty comments, I made an observation about salons round here that go against regulations and insurance

Hang on, why don't you keep your opinions to yourself. Because that's all they are.

Quiet frankly, It's embarrassing that you are arguing with professional hairdressers on colouring a 10 year olds hair.

Yes I do that ,but clients don't always tell the truth as we know ,comments about being cheap n nasty ,I am far from it ,I offer good service and good customer service ,like I say I don't like turning people away ,I live near a high school and every girl coming out that school has colour on their hair ,mabe where you stay then its different then ,so need to agree to disagree

Hang on, why don't you keep your opinions to yourself. Because that's all they are.

Quiet frankly, It's embarrassing that you are arguing with professional hairdressers on colouring a 10 year olds hair.

Yes exactly wish I had never bloody bothered asking for a wee but advice And smart arses getting involved

Yes I do that ,but clients don't always tell the truth as we know ,comments about being cheap n nasty ,I am far from it ,I offer good service and good customer service ,like I say I don't like turning people away ,I live near a high school and every girl coming out that school has colour on their hair ,mabe where you stay then its different then ,so need to agree to disagree

Then you have it in black and white, signed by them that they lied and so they couldn't make a claim against you for not following manufacturers instructions.
I apologise if you thought that I was calling you cheap and nasty, I wasn't, I was making an observation about salons who fail to abide by regulations, in MY area.

Yes exactly wish I had never bloody bothered asking for a wee but advice And smart arses getting involved

I like being a smart arse thanks, it means I don't colour childrens hair.

Omg get off the thread lol
I can't wait tell the mother of the client the debate this has caused lol

Omg get off the thread lol
I can't wait tell the mother of the client the debate this has caused lol

Do not ask for an opinion and then be rude when you get good, solid advice. Sorry for wanting to stop you potentially getting sued or having your insurance revoked :(

Nearly me i do thank you for the tips ,just think it has got took too far getting like America ,I will be thou calling some salons in Glasgow and Edinburgh tomorrow where I have friends who work there to get advice anyway ,but thank you just the same

Latest posts

Back