Help with qualification please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha's nailz

Reaction score
I did my nail course in 2010 at T-centrix, I have just bin lookin at my certificates n at the bottom it says 'please note this is a temporary document pending accredited certification from city & guilds' am I qualified or not as I got told I wud be any help would be appreciated thank u

do you have a certificate number? If so call city and guilds and ask them x

No I haven't, it just says wot course, my name, date and the module x

where did you do the training? Might be worth calling them, giving them all the details you have and seeing if they can help you out.

I did it at T-centrix they have now closed down. I've sent a info request to city& guilds x

Eep! Sounds messy! Hope it works out for you.

There are two different certificates you can get from a course...one is a piece of paper that says "yes this person has attended a course in x today" and the other piece of paper would be a qualification that shows you have been assessed and are now nationally recognised as a qualified person in the subject concerned.

It sounds like the certificate you have was a "this person has attended the course" type of certificate and to get the qualification you perhaps needed to do further assessments to qualify for a city and guilds qualification.

Don't worry...the important thing is that you have your skill...if you do then you can always get in touch with another training provider who can assess you to be able to get you qualified (for example, for an nvq in nail services, you could get in touch with the carlton institute for this sort of thing)

Hope this helps

I'm in the process of becoming a mobile nail tech by gettin fundin frm princes trust, T-centrix told me I wud be qualified n that I wud be able 2 get insurance but now I'm not sure. Thank u 4 ur help x

hi hunni, if it says pending acreditation by the guilds then i would assume you havent got a qualification as you wouldnt be able to gain insurance and especially as they have now closed down would make me believe they didnt get very far etc.
Did you not see this on the certificate when u first got it? Im having alot of trouble with my certificate too atm. even tho it is acredated by the guilds it still doesnt mention anything of a qualification!.

the brochere said i would recieve a nationally recognised qualification!
hopefully you can do some sort of other corse to gain another certificate or something. Good Luck xxx

No I never really looked at it b4 as I was only interested in doin my own nails but now that Ive bin unemployed for so long n not gettin anywhere wiv a job I wanna go mobile, just wish I sin it earlier. The trainer sed I wud be qualified n cud get insurance, I'm gonna be so mad if I'm not qualified as I all ready have ppl interested. Hope everythin works out 4 u as well x

Latest posts

Back