Help with setting up spray gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julzz_

Reaction score
Hi
I am having trouble setting up my spray gun, the box it come in says Aura and the machine itself says fresh innovations. It's the nozzle part giving me problems, I have played with the nozzle but either get dark colour spray out or it locks altogether. Any ideas?

Have you got a photo of your gun ? xx

Ok i think i know what gun it is. The nozzel on the front that the solution comes out of should be tightened just with your finger tips, not too tight. It sounds more like your solution flow dial thats the problem this will either be on the lever you push in or the back of gun. Turn this so there is no solution coming out when lever is pressed then slowly start turning it till solution comes out keep turning till solution flow is suitable for you. To test this spray down some couch roll. It should have good coverage but not soak through to the back. If it soaks through turn your dial back down a bit xx

that sounds like the flow dial at the back of the gun it turned up wayyyyy to high! Close it fully so nothing comes out then turn it to 9 o'clock and you should have a light mist.

@donnamich - The gun/machine I have is Aura Elite Compact Sprayer (fresh innovations). I feel so put off now its knocked my confidence so much it was only my 2nd spray tan and the solution came out so fast and so so dark, it was only an 8% I was using so was shocked by the colour and the amount of colour. It looked more like thick brown paint than a light mist. I wanted to cry! :(

@AshLovesTanning - Thank you for the advice I will give it a go and hope that sorts me out. I was so excited when I did my spray tan course and did a beautiful first tan. Now because of the issues with the gun I feel like I have forgotten everything! Hopefully it's just panic and I overcome it.

Too bad you ladies arent near me I'd pay you so I can sit in on a few of your tans just to get my confidence back.

Appreciate your replies, thank you x

@Julzz_ its definatly your solution dial you need to change. Not the nozzle on the front. Just keep trying it on couch roll or kitchen roll till you get your prefered spray. You've got a nice machine. Does it have a dial on the machine for the air flow? Make sure thats turned right up too. If your ever up north your very welcome to come and practice with me :) xx

When you get it in the right place mark the position with a blob of tip ex/ nail varnish... mine is forever being knocked going in & out of storage & id be fiddling with it forever if it wasnt marked Xx

Latest posts

Back