Help with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danm

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I've had a few problems with Shellac chipping on the edges of the nails like in the pic Ive attached its driving me mad Can anyone help me please I'm so stressed I've recently bought the cnd Dura force top coat I use all
Cnd cuticle remover scrub fresh base an top ect xx

Attachments

• IMG_8962.PNG
    IMG_8962.PNG
    980.8 KB · Views: 134
Has this problem just started or is it only on certain clients?

Do you cap with your base coat?

And then with your colour coats?

And then your top coat?

Hi geeks
I've had a few problems with Shellac chipping on the edges of the nails like in the pic Ive attached its driving me mad Can anyone help me please I'm so stressed I've recently bought the cnd Dura force top coat I use all
Cnd cuticle remover scrub fresh base an top ect xx

Are you using Cutical Away as part of your PEP? Are using water to deactivate it? You should be also using Scrub Fresh to really scrub the nail plate and under the free edge of the nail prior to applying your Base Coat. Cap first then using the CND 5 point method before applying colour and top coats.x

I don't use shellac however the nails I'm the pic look like they have a lot of regrowth.
It looks like about 2 weeks of growth.

Last edited:
Get yourself Young Nail Protein Bond (that's a primer) and use on the free edge after scrubfresh and before your base coat. It will solve your problem
Don't mind that it's from young nails. It works fine with any other company.

Latest posts

Back