Help with Shrink Link hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L_Bailey

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I have recently trained in shrink link hair extensions and was wondering if you guys would give me some good tips!

Where to buy shrink links from- am wanting adhesive lined ones!

And tips on getting them to stay in as I know a few are expected to come out in the first few days but I have had a 2 clients with them coming out easily!
I always put heat all over the shrink link and then make sure there is no trapped air but I still seem to be loosing a few!

Many thanks

X

I know of extensionelle & fellow geek lancashirelass do lined tubes.

My problem with shrinkies is the keratin tip leaks out the top & bottom so makes for a long bond, have you found this? Or can anyone else offer a solution? I wonder if this is a slippage factor as the bond is too spread out? I wont do a head untill ive cracked this problem :(

Ps. Ive only used unlined so far

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am using extensionelle adhesive lined ones ATM, and I am considering cutting down the tips as I know you can! But I love the method but am struggling! :( xx

Also when I got trained I got told to put the shrink link any where on the tip :/ did you get taught to make the tip and shrink link line up at the top? Xx

Think I'm gonna try cutting the I tips down so they cover the whole of the tip :) xx

Id cut any bond to make it tidier. I guess we wont know how the lined tubes react till we try them :/

Im a bit concerned over the lined tubes, would you have to double dose the remover? So basic remover to disolve the lining & alcohol remover to disolve the italian keratin tip? Not sure this was the easier option for bonding now, lol!

I was taught to apply heat for then
Bond then pull the stick tip free and then remove the shrink link for removal then remove any residue with acetone :/ and they seem to remove fine but Defo gin a cut the tips and maybe use a clarifying shampoo before application xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

It sounds messy thou doesnt it?

It's actually quite clean tbf and hardly leaves any residue :) x

Hey geeks,

I have recently trained in shrink link hair extensions and was wondering if you guys would give me some good tips!

Where to buy shrink links from- am wanting adhesive lined ones!

And tips on getting them to stay in as I know a few are expected to come out in the first few days but I have had a 2 clients with them coming out easily!
I always put heat all over the shrink link and then make sure there is no trapped air but I still seem to be loosing a few!

Many thanks

X

Hello, shrinkies are fab but we find they do not last as long as bonds mainly due to the fact that there isn't much adhesive holding them in place. Def go for lined ones,you can also cut the stick tip tops off a little if you want a more flush finish and a smaller connection(we do this) How many are your clients losing on average? x

Thanks Belle im going to buy a pack of lined tubes and some cheap sticks tomorow to crack this

Thanks Belle im going to buy a pack of lined tubes and some cheap sticks tomorow to crack this

Good luck:) they're a fab method,just have to get the right shrink tubes, let me know how it goes xxx

Around about 6 plus :/ gonna try cutting the stick tips down :) thanks :) x
Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back