Help with silk repair please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gem07

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if someone can help me? I have my bio sculpture exam on Tues and am stuck on Silk Repairs. I've been practising but can't get them right. Have looked in the technicians manual but it's not very helpful.

This is the way I've been trying to do them:
One coat of clear gel, cure, lay piece of silk on nail and saturate with gel just over that piece of silk and not the nail, cure, dual cleanse and buff smooth.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, or if i'm doing it wrong could someone please let me know!

Many thanks

Hi I did my exam in feb this year and do the following;

Prep
Clear gel
Apply silk (be careful not to touch it with fingers as oil will contaminate it)
Clear over whole nail
Straight on with colour or dual cleanse if not having colour
Was not told to buff it and mine have all worked lovely
Hope this helps and good luck! x

Hi,

Just wondered if someone can help me? I have my bio sculpture exam on Tues and am stuck on Silk Repairs. I've been practising but can't get them right. Have looked in the technicians manual but it's not very helpful.

This is the way I've been trying to do them:
One coat of clear gel, cure, lay piece of silk on nail and saturate with gel just over that piece of silk and not the nail, cure, dual cleanse and buff smooth.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, or if i'm doing it wrong could someone please let me know!

Many thanks

I am sure that is the correct way as advised by BS.

When you are applying your silk to the break, apply just enough gel so the silk is covered. Too much gel at this stage and you will be trying to buff it down forever.

This is how I do a repair. But not for the exam of course lol.

I put the gel over the break (not the whole nail), the silk square over that and a little more gel over the silk to ensure it is covered. Don't use too much gel though or you will have more work to do when buffing down.

Cure. And with the gentle side of the file, buff over the repair (not over the rest of the naked nail) and refine with the orange spongeboard.

When completely smooth apply layer of clear gel as normal and continue with process.

BS advise the clear layer before applying the silk so that when you are buffing down the repaired area you are not buffing onto the nail plate itself.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back