Help with slightly dry hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smileys

Reaction score
Hi all - just a consumer here. I am looking for advice on what to use with my slightly dry hair.

I go to my hairdresser for a cut and partial highlights every four to five weeks. Last time she did highlights and lowlights because I thought I was getting too blonde. I bought the L'anza Healing Moisture shampoo and conditioner at my salon and have been using that regularly since I started getting highlights about 5 months ago. I also bought the Healing Strength serum. I don't use the serum often because it seems to make my hair look greasy. Maybe I'm using too much?

My hair feels pretty good, but slightly dry. Any suggestions that won't make my hair look or feel oily?

You really should stop in to your hair dresser and let her see your hair. She can help you best :)

Ok, I'll do that. My next appointment is Saturday so it's good timing!

She advised I was using too much of the serum. So I'll try one pump instead of two. Fingers crossed!

Make sure you avoid applying the serum to the root areas. Keep it on the ends and don't comb it through.

Does your hairdresser leave the end of your hair out of the foils? This will help stop the lightener overlapping with previously lightened hair. Over processed hair will feel dry and be damaged.

Thanks got the tip about not getting too close to the roots. My hair is pretty short (between ears and chin) so I do think I get too close.

She does leave the ends out. It looks like whispy tails hanging outside of the foil.

Last edited:
Pro Naturals Hair Repair System! This line of hair care is simply amazing! I heat style almost daily and my hair was become dry and brittle and after a week of using this line my hair is soft, shiny and full of life. The leave in oil is amazing and doesn't weigh hair down which is a major benefit as my roots gets oily quick.

Amazing, I've finally come across someone who uses Pro Naturals Hair Repair System, the same product as I do!

Joico KPAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - every time!

Latest posts

Back