help with spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
ok here goes.im really intrested in the tanning side of things.ive trained in fake bake lotion which i absolutely love.but want to get into doing tanning parties a couple of evenings a week.well as you can imagine not every1s into having lotion applied tans and obviously i wouldnt b able to get many done in a evening if doing a party.thats were i was wanting to start offering the spray tan .obviously it would be a quicker turnover etc.and i can then give clients a choice on the evening lotion or spray.now the tough bit really not sure what system to get into etc and moneys v tight at the min after just getting married,forking out for the whole range of fake bake,mobile bed etc and need to start making profit now,but feel i cant start promoting myself untill ive got both systems.so would really appreciate if you could give me some advice and help me see the light at the end of the tunnel as it were!!!!!!

dales nails said:
ok here goes.im really intrested in the tanning side of things.ive trained in fake bake lotion which i absolutely love.but want to get into doing tanning parties a couple of evenings a week.well as you can imagine not every1s into having lotion applied tans and obviously i wouldnt b able to get many done in a evening if doing a party.thats were i was wanting to start offering the spray tan .obviously it would be a quicker turnover etc.and i can then give clients a choice on the evening lotion or spray.now the tough bit really not sure what system to get into etc and moneys v tight at the min after just getting married,forking out for the whole range of fake bake,mobile bed etc and need to start making profit now,but feel i cant start promoting myself untill ive got both systems.so would really appreciate if you could give me some advice and help me see the light at the end of the tunnel as it were!!!!!!

anyone................................ im really desperate 4 advice.

Hi,

I offer spray tanning parties and use Sudo tanning lotions. HTe price of compressors and lotions can vary quite considerably. Before you part wiht any cash ask for a demo, so you can see both compressor and the colour and coveraage of the lotion.

You wil need to decide what system you would prefer either and airbrush or a spray gun. I may be wrong but i think there is more overspray with an airgun and more lotion used, but like i say i'm not sure.

You will need an erectable cubilcle and need to thin about ventilation especially if you will be doing a number of people.

Tel oephone a few companies for prices and tell them you would like a demo first before comitting yourself.

When i bought mine, training was included with the price. My compressor came with LOADS of lotion and other accessories, marketing material...basically everything you could possibly need.

mamma said:
i think im going to need to sort some demos out,ive heard good reports about tantrick,but it is v expensive and also didnt know whether it would be too much to carry round mobile.how have you found sudo,would really appreciate if ppl could give me their feedback on different product lines,also do you find tanning parties qare popular and that there is a general call for this type of business.

I offer spray tanning parties and use Sudo tanning lotions. HTe price of compressors and lotions can vary quite considerably. Before you part wiht any cash ask for a demo, so you can see both compressor and the colour and coveraage of the lotion.

You wil need to decide what system you would prefer either and airbrush or a spray gun. I may be wrong but i think there is more overspray with an airgun and more lotion used, but like i say i'm not sure.

You will need an erectable cubilcle and need to thin about ventilation especially if you will be doing a number of people.

Tel oephone a few companies for prices and tell them you would like a demo first before comitting yourself.

When i bought mine, training was included with the price. My compressor came with LOADS of lotion and other accessories, marketing material...basically everything you could possibly need.

hi i think im going to need to sort some demos out

dales nails said:
hi i think im going to need to sort some demos out
also do you find theres alot of call for tanning parties and how popular are they.if people could give me feedback on their experience with different spray tanning products it would be much appreciated,thanks.

I find they seem to come along like buses....there isn't any then you have lots. They only way find out for sure for your area is to ask any clients you alreafy have for the fake bake. See if they show interest in having a tanning party. Alot of people i found don't really know what it involves and think there is going to bee lots of mess and standing in front of others in thier bikini.

Put some flyers up and see what feedback you get.

mamma said:
I find they seem to come along like buses....there isn't any then you have lots. They only way find out for sure for your area is to ask any clients you alreafy have for the fake bake. See if they show interest in having a tanning party. Alot of people i found don't really know what it involves and think there is going to bee lots of mess and standing in front of others in thier bikini.

Put some flyers up and see what feedback you get.

thanks for that,ive not started offering clients fake bake yet as wanteed to be able to offer a lotion and spray applied tan.do you just do tanning parties or do u do mobile tanning all the time,

HI there!!

If you go to this website:

www.nuress.com

I just bought in their system for my mobile beauty business and it RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you can buy whatever tanning solution you want to go with it - I bought F.B.I - (Fake Bake Instant) and it's just as good as the lotion - (which I also LOVE!!!)

With the nuress system, you can reduce or increase amount of spray and choose which direction the spray comes out in - horizontally, vertically or round.

Check out the website - it's well worth it!!
And good luck!!

Love and Tigi Hair products!!

crystaltash said:
HI there!!

If you go to this website:

www.nuress.com

I just bought in their system for my mobile beauty business and it RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you can buy whatever tanning solution you want to go with it - I bought F.B.I - (Fake Bake Instant) and it's just as good as the lotion - (which I also LOVE!!!)

With the nuress system, you can reduce or increase amount of spray and choose which direction the spray comes out in - horizontally, vertically or round.

Check out the website - it's well worth it!!
And good luck!!

Love and Tigi Hair products!!
hi thanks for that.would love more feedback on what other people use on what their thoughts are on diff systems.do you get training with nuress coz this is one of my big factors.i want to start up pretty much straight away once ive purchased my system so want one thats pretty easy and one which i feel confident in so will want some training.

I really want to get into tanning but like you money is tight. The obvious choice for you would be to go for the Fabke Bake spray tanning system as I think it would look more professional for you to have some kind of cintinuation between both your hand applied and spray applied product. All that said, might I suggest you jsut do the reaserch for now, save some money and then go to Earl' Court in Sept or the GMEX in Oct and see the products in action. This will help you tremendously on making your decision and aswell as that there is the bonus of being able to save some money in the meantime and the possibility of getting money off at the trade shows- only a suggestion thats what i'm doing.

There is also the possibility of renting a compressor etc, i know San Tropez do this but unsure if others do. This will mean keeping you initil outlay to a minimum for now until you can assess how successful your parties are going.

Just general ideas but good luck hun i'm sure you will make a go of it!

dales nails said:
hi thanks for that.would love more feedback on what other people use on what their thoughts are on diff systems.do you get training with nuress coz this is one of my big factors.i want to start up pretty much straight away once ive purchased my system so want one thats pretty easy and one which i feel confident in so will want some training.

Hi,

I've just bought the Tantrick mini mist. I've yet to get going with business, waiting to get confirmation of insurance and sort out a pop up cubicle. However I can say it is a fantastic product, both the mini mist and solution. You don't need to wait for it to dry and the results are sooooo natural.

marijane

Hi, I've got the mini mist too and it's great, you really can't go wrong, prices are reasonable too, the solution is so natural, they're website is www.tantrick.co.uk

aly

alli said:
Hi, I've got the mini mist too and it's great, you really can't go wrong, prices are reasonable too, the solution is so natural, they're website is www.tantrick.co.uk

aly
hi thanks for all your replys.i really like the sounds of the tantrick ive heard some great reports and have deffoi done my research.but also like thats been said above it would also look good if i used the fake bake.but not sure if they sell a compresser for this or also give training on it.is the minimist good for tanning parties and has it got the staying power as such yo say do 10 consecutive bodys say or would it be worth paying out some more for the big machine.your feedback would be much appreciated.

Nothing to do with spray tans, but as an add on and great retail item try out "fake bake, face tanner" MARVELOUS! BLOODY GREAT!

They sold out on the first day at the NEC Birmingham trade show and I ordered over the phone a box of twelve for around 12.00 each.
Sold ALL TWELVE within a week for 25.00 a piece.

Use it on my face, neck and arms. No soaking into the pores like most self tanners and it's been featured a few times in Company magazine.(used by the likes of Tanya ((Footballer's wives)) and the other silly mare from Liverpool!!!!)

Definately a must buy, club in with your mates and buy and box of 12 it's well worth it.

I used St.Tropez in my salons very successfully for years, then I started to get feedback from new staff members and clients that Fake Bake, etc., etc., etc., were Much better!!!! Have spent many, many days and hours in the last 6 months investigating the whole market....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!....how many choices can one peson have????????????

The best advice you've been given is to attend one of the upcoming shows, that's what really let me see how much choice in product, service and equipment (Hey, and price) was available.

I've ended up with good old St.Tropez still (and am absolutely convinced it's the best, but people are just bored with using the same thing, if you want to know how I came to that conclusion, pm me) also Fake Bake and Sudo, although not happy with Fake Bake customer service at all!!!!! All three do a good job - we have our own spray tan room now but started off using the 'Spray Tan Cubicle' which you WILL need if mobile parties.

Hope this is helpful for you, good luck!

Ooooh Fake Bake!

New to this site, but just had to agree. Fake Bake is for me.

esmi said:
Ooooh Fake Bake!

New to this site, but just had to agree. Fake Bake is for me.
i agree the fake bake lotion is out of this world and i feel so confident using it coz i always get great results. also there is the bonus ov the great retail as it does work.but ive heard the results arnt that fantastic with the spray and theyve been struggling getting the right mix together.otherwise would of gone straight for the fb.also not sure if they do training with the spray like i got with the lotion.its so hard coz there is sooooooo much choice on the market.

Latest posts

Back