help with spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Ok this is for you tantrick tanners.

Had training sessions a few weks back but unfortunately I didn't have a model so I was unable to really get down to it. Did a have ago on some couch roll however.lol

Anyhooo, I spray tanned a lady tonight and all was well except that the tan seemed to dribble down her body and so it was all bit too wet. Now I think I know why this was (will turn my flow srew back a bit) but the question is.... Will it streak where it has run?

Also, this may be so simple (I don't get it) but how can you tell a half turn with the flow screw??

Thanks xx

Had training sessions a few weks back but unfortunately I didn't have a model so I was unable to really get down to it. Did a have ago on some couch roll however.lol

Anyhooo, I spray tanned a lady tonight and all was well except that the tan seemed to dribble down her body and so it was all bit too wet. Now I think I know why this was (will turn my flow srew back a bit) but the question is.... Will it streak where it has run?

Also, this may be so simple (I don't get it) but how can you tell a half turn with the flow screw??

Thanks xx

You will get to know how many turns of your finger will give the right flow for you. I find that for me the minimist machine needs 3 turns.

I dont think that the runs will streak once the client has showered i think it should be Ok, but I have tried to stops any dribbles before they happen.

What does everybody else think about these ribbles! :)

I was tqught that if you spray the solution on to couch roll and it does not soak through to the other side then that was the correct flow. But I don't think it was! Typical...lol

I was tqught that if you spray the solution on to couch roll and it does not soak through to the other side then that was the correct flow. But I don't think it was! Typical...lol

There is nowt better than the real thing. I used my husband as my first practice with the minimist, so I all his body hair to cope with as well!

Thanks xx

I don't use Tantrick but if the tan is running down her body it is too wet and may well be streaky or patchy.

ive had the odd runny bit, if you just blot over with a paper towel then adjust the flow and respray its fine :hug: the 1st victim was my daughter so not such a trauma but it worked for me
hth

When your nozzle is fully closed... mark 12oclock with a perminant marker pen then you always have a reference to where you open the dial to. I open mine to about 25to the hour and this seems to be at the right consistancy for my spraying. If its too wet, turn it down a little, if its too dry.. turn it up a bit. Its all trial and error but you don't want to see it run on the skin and it should look almost dry as it applies. Start by spraying the back and use this as your canvas board until you get the desired spray consistancy.

HTH

:hug:

thanks everyone.

Thanks Jen, I'll try that marker tip xxx

Hi there

Also, make sure your the correct distance from the client. Being that lil bit to close can cause overspray/running.

We recommend with our tans that once dry use a tiny bit of the Bodywear Hydra Mist moisturizer[light touch] to blend in a bit more if it happens[creases in arms, knees, belly etc].

As we are mobile - The nozzle can sometimes be moved in transit & cleaning so I keep A4 pieces of paper in my kit & a large peg [bargain shop novelty]
Peg a page to side of pop up tent to use as a test guide.

Happy tanning

XX J XX

It shouldn't be running at all, or even spotting, if it is you are releasing too much solution through your gun, turn it down to get a light mist because with whichever solution you are using, that's all you need, a light mist....wet is wrong!

also make sure that you are moving the spray quick enough, if you are spraying the body in quite a slow motion then you can cause overspray and this also can lead to the tan running.

also make sure that you are moving the spray quick enough, if you are spraying the body in quite a slow motion then you can cause overspray and this also can lead to the tan running.

Spot on!,it can be done so easily when first starting.

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back