Help with toning after bleach for highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maya5195

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just started hair coloring for 3 months ago I'm from Iran .oh my God I don't like my teacher she did not teched me well .I have some problems 1 ..I'm so SLOW in packing the foils_ that's why the hair getting damage ....2 finally I always get a good lifted level but I will finish with a gray ashy tones I'm so Saad but I'm practicing so much I know the color wheel very well but I don't y why I can't get a good results by the way I'm so sorry my English is not very well ☺️

When your do highlights with bleach try starting with 10vol Then 20vol then 30 vol and if your brand allows 40vol that way the back lifts up slower than the rest and by the time you finish your should be able to.time and get the whole lot finished at the same time
In regards to tone just look at what it is lifted too if it's yellow then .2 pale yellow maybe a .21or .23 the .3 gold will soften the ash unless you want to really make it ash then just use .2 anything that's still orangey of your lifting from really dark remember your .1 blue as will neutralise this hope this helps

remember your .1 blue as will neutralise this hope this helps

Just to point out that /1 in Wella is a Grey Ash and shouldn’t be used to neutralise anything as it only subdues the tone.
You need /6 violet in Wella to neutralise yellow tones.

Always check the colour manual when using a brand that you’re unfamiliar with. Many of them can be found online and downloaded to your tablet device or phone. Some colour houses also offer really good Apps for professional use.

Didn't realise was for wella I'm loreal and leyton trained was just staying with blue ash it neutralises the orange pigment with leyton their 10.117 is amazing to get rid of orange toned and that a a grey permanent but yes unaware of it being advice for wella

I only mention it because sometimes, if you’ve run out of stock or there’s an offer on at your local wholesaler, you might be tempted to try a different colour house but you can’t assume that their tones will work the same way as the brand you’re most familiar with.

We’re usually taught about the International Colour Chart for determining Depth of natural hair colour but I don’t think it’s always made clear that the tonal values don’t necessarily follow a standard set of rules.

Lots of people trying out Wella for the first time often make this mistake when toning blondes. o_O

I only mention it because sometimes, if you’ve run out of stock or there’s an offer on at your local wholesaler, you might be tempted to try a different colour house but you can’t assume that their tones will work the same way as the brand you’re most familiar with.

We’re usually taught about the International Colour Chart for determining Depth of natural hair colour but I don’t think it’s always made clear that the tonal values don’t necessarily follow a standard set of rules.

Lots of people trying out Wella for the first time often make this mistake when toning blondes. o_O
Oh yh bloody he'll would be scared if your not used to it x

Latest posts

Back