Help with toning highlights!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever toned hair with highlift and low volume peroxide? I just finished highlights that are a bit brassy and i need to tone but only have highlift.(igora 12-1)

Not really as highlift is designed to lighten then tone in one but I find them unpredictable on anything lower than an 8. You could try it as a stop gap but I don't know how well it will tone it.
I'm wondering why don't you have any suitable toners to hand? Surely, you'd carry some with you when you're doing a bleach service?

Not really as highlift is designed to lighten then tone in one but I find them unpredictable on anything lower than an 8. You could try it as a stop gap but I don't know how well it will tone it.
I'm wondering why don't you have any suitable toners to hand? Surely, you'd carry some with you when you're doing a bleach service?
Thanks, I’ve heard of people using highlift with 10 vol for 5 minutes but not sure I should try it on highlights. I did it for a family member at home that I usually don’t need to tone so my mistake.

Ah, so you don't work mobile normally? That makes sense now.
I have a huge checklist of stuff to pack when doing mobile as I hate to be caught out.

I use matrix ULAV all the time to tone blonde hair,
I love it x

I use matrix ULAV all the time to tone blonde hair,
I love it x
What volume peroxide do you use? Does it lighten the natural hair in between? Thanks

Hi if you are going to do so use a low developer like 10vol - it does work but expect it to change the hair colour inbetween the foils slightly.

I use 10 vol but keep an eye on it as
It can lift hair inbetween slightly x

it does work, but sometimes. It's against manufacturer instructions, so if anything does go wrong, you're on your own! it might work perfectly on someone, and then ruin someone elses hair! do so at your own risk...

Latest posts

Back