Help with waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
hi every1 i was told when training in doing an eye brow wax not to wax above the eye brow not really sure why but a few clients ask/need it can any1 tell me why you wouldnt and if you do
thanks x

hi every1 i was told when training in doing an eye brow wax not to wax above the eye brow not really sure why but a few clients ask/need it can any1 tell me why you wouldnt and if you do
thanks x

Because above the eyebrow is the natural shape. You can obviously move stray ones if they are like in the forehead but I wouldn't if you are going to be taking from the top. X

Hiya, I will wax above the brow to give a cleaner, more defined shape. Not everyone needs it and in college I think the reason they tell you not to do it, is so that you don't alter the natural shape of the brow and bugger it up lol! Xx

awww thanks guys xxx

I just done mine 10 mins ago and waxed above! Lol! It gives a nice clean finish. I don't generally do it on clients unless really needed or requested. However, on my fiancé, that's the only part of his eyebrows I do wax is above, as he gets a random pointy bit on each eyebrow! Not a nice look! Haha x

I was taught in college not to wax above but if there are a couple of strays then yes. Tutor also said that if you waxed regularly above then as the client gets Oder and the eye droops then they will end up with their brow lower than it should be. Not a good look lol:) x

thanks x

I recently finished my waxing training, and they never said not to go above the eyebrow? I do if its needed to be honest i find it easy to above the eyebrow as well makes a better shape :)

If you search on here there are a tonne of threads asking the same question, all really interesting, give it a go :)

I was taught not to but I do occasionally if I feel it will look better. For instance I have a client whose eyebrows sit quite high and if I don't do the top she looks a little surprised! If any clients ask me to do it and I don't think it would look right I explain that it's not customary to do so but if they really want me to then I will. That way it covers you a bit :)

I posted a thread asking the exact same, and since getting loads of good advice from fellow geeks, I started waxing above and have never looked back it give's a much cleaner finish, you dont actually shape from the top, if I remember right someone put up a video in that thread watch it. it answered all my questions x

I posted a thread asking the exact same, and since getting loads of good advice from fellow geeks, I started waxing above and have never looked back it give's a much cleaner finish, you dont actually shape from the top, if I remember right someone put up a video in that thread watch it. it answered all my questions x

thank you x

Latest posts

Back