Help with which Gel system??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bekster123

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for sounding boring her because i know it's been asked before but reading all the past threads on this subject has not helped.

Basically, i'm going to be starting offering nails to joe public in April hopefully & i only currently offer tip & overlay or natural lay overlay.
I now want to be able to offer another system where i can sculpt & give clients a choice of enhancement so iv been reading into Gel then eventually moving onto l&p.

Here's my prob:-

I had settled on giving NSI balance a go & have watched the training dvd sent & liked the look of the application, gel, & finished look, however, i then started to read about Gel It & Brisa & now i don't know which one to try.
I can't afford to try each one as money is limited. Iv rung DN today for info on Brisa but although i have been practising my nails for 2 years i only got my cert last month & it has to be a year long before they will let me do the induction & i can't afford the cost of the other option.

I would just like to hear from all you tech's what the for's & against are for each gel system you use.
I think iv narrowed them down to Gel It, Brisa, Balance.

Please please help me on this one- would love to be able to try them all at some point but for now i need to choose one i can offer asap. It can be so darn hard sometimes to make a choice when finances are involved.

Thanks in advance & sorry this is sooooo long winded.

Love ya all :Love: :Love: :hug: :hug: :hug:

have pm u, also if you are att the show, have a demo of the nails b 4 u buy?

hi

i have tried all 3 systems, started with star GF21(!) moved onto nsi balance pleased with it until i tried Brisa - fab gel, recently trying gel it - love the colours, just getting to grips with the system. my advice would be go for Brisa as a first choice if not gel it as they have an offer with the lamp and you do not need to to do a course( i think!!)
but this is just my opinion, read what everyone has to say first and maybe phone the companies.

I use Alida / The Edge gel system which is great as a basic start up and their new hollywood white is great. They do a starter and a trial kit and you dont ned to do a course.
I have got Brisa on my toes at the mo, which i had done by a friend, and i have to say its fantastic, got some rhinestones embedded into it, and they look fab!

Brisa....it is everything you expect from a top of the range Gel and more...have the training and you will really appreciate the system and how it is to be used. Everyone is going to tell you what they use ans so say that it is great (rightly so as if they didn't like it they wouldn't use it and so wouldn't reccomend it) your best bet is to get all the info on all the gels you are intrested in, try to get to a show and have a nail done in each system and think about the training loads, back up support...ongoing training...all these things are important. Best of luck babes. xxx

use bio....nsi ...............but lovin' my Brisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hth

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NailStyle said:
Brisa....it is everything you expect from a top of the range Gel and more...have the training and you will really appreciate the system and how it is to be used. Everyone is going to tell you what they use ans so say that it is great (rightly so as if they didn't like it they wouldn't use it and so wouldn't reccomend it) your best bet is to get all the info on all the gels you are intrested in, try to get to a show and have a nail done in each system and think about the training loads, back up support...ongoing training...all these things are important. Best of luck babes. xxx
With you on this one. Brisa is excellent to work with and to wear. I have NO problems with it. I'm a master in L&P but wear brisa.it's fab and you just can't beat creative for education either.After all.. they are the world leaders in nail enhancements to date.

Thanks guys,

Have looked into the intro course for Brisa yesterday but was told i'm gonna have to wait a year!!!

Just wondered what people find a pain in the bum(if any) with the gels they use. They must have some!!

Iv read all the positives but would really like the negatives. you can pm if you prefer

I am off to British Beauty in April, that's the only iv been able to get too, not sure who's there yet but will have a look on Exhibitor's list & will definately have a good nosey at the systems if they are exhibiting.

Just wanted some Geeks opinions- every company will sell their system as the best!

:Love: :hug:

just a quickie...why do you have to wait a year ? xx

They said that although i had been doing nails for 2 years- that was still classed as my training period because i only got my certificate last month?!

Had trouble finding a model that was willing to come back with me. All my family are nail biters & I worked in the evenings(mobile) so my clients wern't keen on having to take a day off work to accompany me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

NailStyle said:
just a quickie...why do you have to wait a year ? xx

I don't want to PM because I think the negatives can be just as good as the positives and I think both are important for people to read. I don't have a lot of experience in nails compared to some posters in here but I will tell you what I know from my experiences.

When I trained with a college we used Creative products (probably why the course was on the expensive side! :lick:) and I thoroughly enjoyed the product. In fact, I loved it. I liked the way Creative have set up their product system making it easy for new techies to jump on board and gain their confidence. Better yet, their product performed and I didn't find one client who was not happy. For me, starting out this went a long way to quell the nervousness and anxiety I felt, you know doing nails on "real clients" and charging "real money" for them.

That's the good stuff. The less than good stuff for me concerns three things - I'm not a fan of their training system and you've just highlighted one of the reasons why. I don't find the waiting times or classifications fair or a realistic reflection of the industry (at least in Australia, no idea about other countries). Now I don't know if this is a uniform thing throughout the globe or what - I haven't looked into it extensively.

Now I admit I work from a limited understanding in that I haven't been in the industry long but we aren't talking major surgery here. Aside from that, I'd spent thousands on training and worked hard to achieve a standard I feel whips other techies I've seen out there. So the waiting time that's one beef. The other is the curriculum. I find it light on. And, finally, the expense. The courses, for what you get and for what you are expected to do, are very expensive. In other courses provided by other companies, models are provided as are materials (although you do have to bring your own brush and that's cool).

Now I realise that there are a lot of Creative lovers on this site and I am one of them. But amid all the positives about Creative the few things I've outlined above are what I have found to be the not so positive elements.

I think your negatives, Beauty Bean, are irrelevant to a nail technician in the UK. As you say, you do not know or understand the global market and what you may feel about your experiencs in Oz are just that ... your experience in the part of Oz in which y ou live.

Creative training in the UK has won more than one Industry training award for excellence and been nominated for awards that are quite unique, as no other company has ever been nominated let alone won one. In fact, yesterday they picked up another award for excellence in training!! So well deserved.

Prices of Creative courses in the UK are in line with other training providers and in fact cheaper than some and very value added with the cost of product being included as well as a Nail Trainer -- a considerable value.

So as I say, I think the points you raise are not relevant at all to the poster of this particular thread.

bekster123 said:
Hi all,

Sorry for sounding boring her because i know it's been asked before but reading all the past threads on this subject has not helped.

Basically, i'm going to be starting offering nails to joe public in April hopefully & i only currently offer tip & overlay or natural lay overlay.
I now want to be able to offer another system where i can sculpt & give clients a choice of enhancement so iv been reading into Gel then eventually moving onto l&p.

Here's my prob:-

I had settled on giving NSI balance a go & have watched the training dvd sent & liked the look of the application, gel, & finished look, however, i then started to read about Gel It & Brisa & now i don't know which one to try.
I can't afford to try each one as money is limited. Iv rung DN today for info on Brisa but although i have been practising my nails for 2 years i only got my cert last month & it has to be a year long before they will let me do the induction & i can't afford the cost of the other option.

I would just like to hear from all you tech's what the for's & against are for each gel system you use.
I think iv narrowed them down to Gel It, Brisa, Balance.

Please please help me on this one- would love to be able to try them all at some point but for now i need to choose one i can offer asap. It can be so darn hard sometimes to make a choice when finances are involved.

Thanks in advance & sorry this is sooooo long winded.

Love ya all :Love: :Love: :hug: :hug: :hug:

If youre unsure why not wait until the show and have a look at the gels being used. There are lots on the market, we use Le Chat at our school its a good product and easy to apply
Debbie:)

Firstly having done several conversion courses I can understand why companies require a year in industry. They are not there to teach how to do the basics, they are to show you how to use their products as opposed to what you have been using already. If you are not to salon competence then you will not keep up with the class which is disrupting for both educator and class mates alike. They are intense courses that move fast through what they teach.

When I was looking to change gels I had several demos at Olympia last year. I found that Brisa ticked all the boxes I needed it to. I would say the only downside is the limited choice of colours, but I know that new ones are on the way. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter how much I love it, my clients have to too. I have a lot of long established clients who have experienced the other brands I have used in the past, and even they say Brisa is the best - can't get better than that!

Geez, Geeg, can you be any harsher?
Being relatively new to the industry and being unaware of the global market concerning the way in which nail product and training is sold and/or conducted doesn't mean I've never been to the UK and/or that I'm not aware of other markets there.
I was just being honest about my experiences.
Standards for training are different worldwide. What might pass in the UK might not pass here and vice versa so awards are subjective, especially as I was commenting on the content not how much they cost. This is not to say that I do not believe Creative to not be of any value or that the awards they have won are not deserved. I would note, however, that courses are more expensive in the UK than they are in Australia. A quick look at a few prices lists confirms that CND products are expensive in the UK as well as over here but, again, you will always get cheaper or more expensive products - my post dealt with CND only. I further note that the cirriculum is the same as are the training methods. Putting down CND en masse wasn't my point and I'm wondering what yours was. But whatever the point was, I'm not here to argue it. The poster asked for negatives in relation to Creative and I gave them mine. If I neglected to mention my limited knowledge I daresay the resulting commentary may have been different.
But yes I do feel my comments are relevant even if you don't.

Ouch.

BeautyBean said:
Geez, Geeg, can you be any harsher?
Being relatively new to the industry and being unaware of the global market concerning the way in which nail product and training is sold and/or conducted doesn't mean I've never been to the UK and/or that I'm not aware of other markets there.
I was just being honest about my experiences.
Standards for training are different worldwide. What might pass in the UK might not pass here and vice versa so awards are subjective, especially as I was commenting on the content not how much they cost. This is not to say that I do not believe Creative to not be of any value or that the awards they have won are not deserved. I would note, however, that courses are more expensive in the UK than they are in Australia. A quick look at a few prices lists confirms that CND products are expensive in the UK as well as over here but, again, you will always get cheaper or more expensive products - my post dealt with CND only. I further note that the cirriculum is the same as are the training methods. Putting down CND en masse wasn't my point and I'm wondering what yours was. But whatever the point was, I'm not here to argue it. The poster asked for negatives in relation to Creative and I gave them mine. If I neglected to mention my limited knowledge I daresay the resulting commentary may have been different.
But yes I do feel my comments are relevant even if you don't.

Ouch.

My point, in regards to your comments being irrelevant to the UK market, is that in every post that I have read of yours so far, you seem to mention that CND products are more expensive than anyone elses or that you think the training is too expensive etc. This is not the case in the UK in either case, and I would wager that if I look into it more closely with the Australian distributos it wil not be the case there either.

A system comparison of prices shows that certain items (like tips) are more expensive in the Creative line (they are also better and easier to use so worth every little penny extra). However monomer and polymer is perfectly in line with others and cheaper than some in fact )go figure??) ... and if you buy smart and use larger sizes, the price comes way way down.

You mention buying other systems that are the same but I'm afraid you are incorrect again as there is no other existing system that is the same (the formulation being patented and quite unique).

The CND curriculum is the same all over the world and darn right, deserves every award it has ever gotten, incuding the most recent one 2 days ago.

Your experiences (from a person who is very new to this industry) are yours but ONLY yours and certainly not anything close to a reflection of the current market in the UK which is why I felt they were irrelevant as to helping the original poster of this thread. If I am labled harsh because I do not agree with your viewpoint then I'm sorry you see it that way.

Latest posts

Back