Help with white tip using liquid and powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaila

Reaction score
Hello, it's been years since I've gone to beauty school and I'vegotten back into nails recently. I've been watching videos to help relearn, but I'm doing liquid and powder and using forms..I sculpt the white tip first then do the pink..well all the videos I've seen have told me to brush the pink over the white...I don't like the look of it because then it's not a true white...any suggestions please?? Thanks.

I would try doing a reverse application then. You put a cover pink on the nail bed first. File your smile line to crisp up then do your white. There are loads of videos on reverse application and if your sculpting you will probably find it a much easier way of doing French. Especially if your encapsulating glitters etc in the tip xxx

This method was how I was taught, I make sure I don't pull the pink over the white just make sure it's pressed right up to the white, then nudge any bits back into the pink, then a small ball of clear over the join to ensure the two parts are connected and reinforce the stress area. The other option is to work super thin in pink and white and cap the whole nail in clear and build your strength that way.

Thank you so much ladies! I will try both ways and see what works for me. I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer.

I've noticed your from the states. Gamma Lambert is a UK nail tech who does amazing tutorials try watching her on utube for tips. I was also taught the way you do it but could never quite get the hang of it. Reverse application is really popular over here xxx

I've noticed your from the states. Gamma Lambert is a UK nail tech who does amazing tutorials try watching her on utube for tips. I was also taught the way you do it but could never quite get the hang of it. Reverse application is really popular over here xxx

Thank you I'll definitely watch her videos, thank you much!!

I just did a cnd conversion and was taught that we could lightly brush the pink over the white as when we file and refine it would come off and leave a lovely white underneath, it worked a treat for me but I only *lightly* brushed some over

Latest posts

Back