help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
:( help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to nails, but have all the equipment set up in my 'home salon' and i am raring to go...but i'm quite scared.
just had a load of leaflets printed and the spare wheel cover of my 4x4 printed too but am a little frightened of delivering the leaflets... why? cos i'm a bit of a worrier. Ive done a lcn gel course and alessandro's manicure & hands up courses and i have the essential nails home course which i dabble in and ive done lots of nail art, but im scared im going to do somethng dreadfully wrong. I am totally happy with my nail art cos i cant really DO anything to harm anyone, as it were. Im Babtac insured and i keep rereading all the books i have and i just dont want to spend out any more on any training at the moment. im ok with the alessandro things really its just the enhancements what if they break off after a day or so or start to lift? Gosh i sound like a bit of a freak not a mature mother of two aged 34.sorry you guys ignore me if you think i'm a raving loony but ive looked through the message boards and you all seem like really nice people.

Don't sweat such small stuff :?

Every great jouney begins with a first step... you have to take yours sooner or later... the longer you put it off, the longer you have to worry about things going wrong.

things will sooner or later go wrong. there isnt a tech alive that doesnt at times have a problem with lifting or occasional breakages...

The diff is we can look at why it happened and readjust what we are doing to ensure it doesnt happen again.

Why not build up some confidence by working on friends and family?

It just warms my heart to know that there must be hundreds, maybe thousands, of us trainee/newly qualified technicians out there in the big bad world - all of us shaking in our shoes.

Today I went along with a friend to a local beauty salon - where she was having her nails done ... I was allowed to sit and watch as the nail tech worked. It has inspired me even more.

Even though I have zilch confidence in myself and know that I do need an awful lot more practice - I also came away today thinking that, yeah - I'm nearly there. I certainly didn't come out thinking "Oh my gawd, what am I doing - those are awesome to mine" - dont get me wrong the nails were lovely, but I feel that mine too could be like that with a little more practice.

I also learned that each nail tech finds her own way of working once she has left the classroom behind her. Gone are the rules about holding files, and the number of balls of acrylic to be used - everything must get easier as you find your own method.

Good luck with it - if you start to doubt yourself - go watch a technician at work!

Love
Sue
xxx

i felt like that but you have just got to go for it.try to be confident dont let the suckers know your scared thats when they start to pick faults.and that will make you feel even worse :( i still get nervous but once you get going its fine. i thought i did a really bad set the other day and she phoned today to say she had loads of compliments on them. :D .(im always a bit hard on myself.)Just sound like you know what your doing and you will be fine.we all get lifting at first :D dont we?well i do occasionally and i get them to phone so it can be put right b4 it gets worse.as long as they no what to expect they are fine.i always explain about maintance being every 2 weeks to begin with so any problems can be prevented. some think they will last forever with no maintance :shock: deliver them leaflets,the longer you wait the longer you will be worried ;) positive vibes is what we will all send you :goal:
nicola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back