help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dye2004

Reaction score
hi,
i have had it with artifcial tips, i can't seem to buff the line well after two years of trying i have gave up on that, i wanted to know what you all think to me doing a sculpting course as there is no bloody line to buff down or am i fooling myself yet again if you can't do one then you can't do the other well
love diane :rolleyes:

This might sound like a daft question but do you pre-blend the tip after you have taylored it and before you apply it? I used to be really slow untill I realised i wasnt spending enough time pre-blending...my well area (thats left) is really really fine almost transparent, I hope this helps...if not maybe the other geeks will have some more tips!! ;)

You really shouldn`t give up Diane, what you need is a 1-2-1 with someone and you`ll have those tips blended in no time at all.
What you`re probably doing is practicing a lot but the wrong way, if you have a 1-2-1 they will see where you go wrong straight away and then you`ll be able to correct it.
Are you going to Olympia? maybe you could find the time to ask someone there.
Learning to sculpt is something you should do anyway but there are nails where sculpting isn`t advisable therefore blending a tip is vital to be able to do.
Don`t give up, just get help

Diane i totally understand your frustration!!!!!!! :mad: i tried and tried and flipping tried aflipping gain,along with some application problems i was ready to chuck the brush in,then on a following course i did,everything changed,the advice to me was what has already been said and that is to pre-tailor your tip,cut the well area right down then thin it out literally to a sliver with file,once applied it then should only take a few strokes and its gone! :D hey presto,have a go,hope it works for you,don't give up! :)

hi,
i have tried blending the tip before and felt it was not helping but some people say you don't need to on their tips also i have done a class room 2 day over two weeks and a one to one at home course.
i hate courses that are over weeks and weeks and that you have to have tests as i suffer with stress attacks. my brother-in-law said his friend wanted her nails done and she rang me and i said i was tanning clients that day which wasn't true, and i felt so bad for saying that and i dont know if the file i am useing on my line is any good or not i keep thinking the tips are not going to be big enough for the thumb, so i think it is time to hold my head up and say to hell with it i can't do it :mad:
love dye

hi debsy,
what course did you last do then that help you if you don't mind me asking
love dye

ahh! i had this very same problem then i booked a one to one at milton keynes (lovely lovely people) for fabric# but i asked about my tip application "why is it taking sooo long to blend" guess what i had completely forgotten something i had been taught to pre blend the tip duh!! AND they showed me how to cut out the well so there is very little preblending i was gobsmaked its amazing what 'little' things you forget that make such a BIG difference....... i hate travelling and i have done the same - to avoid an enhancement client - made up a manicure client - through worry/stress/pure scadey cat.... i advise you to go on a one to one... and try cutting the well out with a curved pair of scissors then preblend if need... good luck i'm sure youll get lotsa other good advice

dye said:
hi,
i have had it with artifcial tips, i can't seem to buff the line well after two years of trying i have gave up on that, i wanted to know what you all think to me doing a sculpting course as there is no bloody line to buff down or am i fooling myself yet again if you can't do one then you can't do the other well
love diane :rolleyes:
Well Dye,
Sculpting is another skill that you can add to your list of abilities,
but as Debs said, it isn't always possible to sculpt, there are some exception to the rule............say a ski jump nail for instance............
On these clients you will have to apply a tip..........
and sometime pre-blending the tip, to a minute contact area, is not an option either, as you reduce the area on the sidewalls and these are sometimes needed, to visualy correct a nail, or if you need the strength of the side walls, for example a very odd shaped natural nail, like a triangle shape........
So I am afraid blending is a skill you will have to master, but dont be scared, because it will happen babe xxxxxxxxxx
One to one for blending would be a great idea, because a trainer will be able to spot in a second where you are going wrong..............
Who did you train with, maybe they have a 1-2-1 training option for you??
But never give up, it's only a little piece of plastic and you will get there Hun xxx

hi,
thank you for all what you have said maybe i'll keep trying my training was a class with ibd and a one to one with ten nails which i found the gel would crack and the tips would split on the end in the middle and i had'nt had this with any other gel or tips, you know you lot do make a person down feel good THANK YOU
love diane :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back