Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily1605

Reaction score
So I have been doing this client for 5 years, she’s been having breaks inbetween, never had any issue, but her nails have done this, (I have kept them bare to heal) it’s looks like I have overfilled them, however I’m alway so so careful, and don’t apply any pressure when buffing the shine of the gel to soak of, it’s made me feel like I am a useless nail tech! 😞 in my 14 years doing nails, I’ve never had a problem! Anyone have advice? She’s oiling them morning and eve, and I said I wouldn’t gel untill it’s healed, it doesn’t look like a allergic reaction, she had no rash iching ect… and her nails never hurt, I never over cure either! I’m stumped!

Attachments

• 2E3C909E-E285-416F-AC7B-2EF301B9327A.png
    2E3C909E-E285-416F-AC7B-2EF301B9327A.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 139
Could defo be overfiled as from the redness looks a bit sore/sensitive.
What brand are you using?
Also, you say she takes breaks inbetween. Has she been anywhere else between going to you? x

Could defo be overfiled as from the redness looks a bit sore/sensitive.
What brand are you using?
Also, you say she takes breaks inbetween. Has she been anywhere else between going to you? x

no she doesn’t go anywhere else,
After having gels on I normally tell clients to have a couple weeks break, (I’ve always done it)
I use Jessica geleration, and I’ve never had problems 😞

Has she has Covid? I feel a lot of peoples hair , nails , skin has suffered from either having the vaccine or having covid ..

I had covid and when my nail tech took my gel off after I recovered my nails were white and dry and my cuticles are horrific!! I’ve had my nails done for years and they have never looked like they did when she took them off!! It’s just a thought 💭

Looks like onycholysis to me.
Medication, underactive thyroid or other systemic disease can cause it.
Trauma ( even manicures are traumatic for certain clients )
Psoriasis or other skin conditions.
Chemicals can be the cause ( there are plenty of chemicals during a gel nail service )
Hereditary.
Advise the client to keep her nails short and to wear gloves to stop water from getting under the nail plate.

Your client needs to see her GP to rule out any underlying causes.

What brand are you using on this client?

I concur with Moonrat, the only difference I see is in the vaccinated, clients we've had for 20 years, hair breaking, falling out, nails braking off, I know your image is a challenge but we've seen much worse here.. Good luck stay safe...

Jessica geleration x

That's a relief, it looked suspiciously like the damage experienced by the white bottle brand.

As others have said covid has caused some horrendous issues if you've ruled out everything else

Latest posts

Back