Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkies!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm starting in a hairdressing salon tomorrow (very nervous!) & obviously it will take time to build up a clientele & get busy so any advice onn what to do when I have no customers??

Sorry if it sounds a daft question but I have always been mobile & don't just want to sit there like a lemon!!

I read somewhere that someone used to offer mini manicures to clients waiting for hair appointments to hopefully bring in new clients, do you think this is a good idea or not??

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks geeks! x

Pinkies! said:
Hi all,

I'm starting in a hairdressing salon tomorrow (very nervous!) & obviously it will take time to build up a clientele & get busy so any advice onn what to do when I have no customers??

Sorry if it sounds a daft question but I have always been mobile & don't just want to sit there like a lemon!!

I read somewhere that someone used to offer mini manicures to clients waiting for hair appointments to hopefully bring in new clients, do you think this is a good idea or not??

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks geeks! x

Hi there, I too work in a hairdressers (self-employed) and in the beginning customers are a bit thin on the ground (until you get established then you wonder how on earth your gonna fit all your new customers in your diary!!!).

I have a 3-fold info leaflet including - a little about my history, my qualifications and experience as a nail tech. A couple of before & after pics of clients' nails, a section called 'Things to consider when choosing a Nail Tech'..etc etc.

If you had something like this then maybe get those circulated.

Or how about offering a free 'sample nail' to get them in your chair and show off your work, chatting with them and maybe getting them to book an appointment?

Or how about 10% off your first appointment if you book today? Kind of thing?

Just a few suggestions, but hope it helps a little.

Good luck, enjoy your first day I'm sure it will go great!

Jenny - Nails x x x

Hiya

Good on ya......i have a hair salon and i would say DONT sit there like a lemon get our there and talk to the clients and get in with the staff and your column will expand.

As the saying goes ......... " you only get out what you put in"......well the more you put in and all that.............i would have some nail art displays out to grab peoples attention and be at the ready to offer a "special" shape and polish for a discount NOT foc. HTH

sawasdee ka

If you are going to do nail art you can sit do some nail art for your display is good for your head when you not have customer and when customer comes in salon to make hair they will see you painting and will come and look .

We have customers come to make hair and they see us do nail art look what we do and some of them make acrylic nail or nail art .

We do manicures and pedicures and all the customers have nail art or french or polish so manicure pedicure is good for buissness .

You will have many things to do when you start make some flyers design buissness cards you will always find something for make you busy when you are not making nail .

Good luck you will enjoy .

Mui from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back