Help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurajagreen

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im new to the nail geek but it seams great lots of helpful advice.

Could some one give me some advice regarding nail extensions.
I have recently completed an NVQ in Nail treatments (manicure & Ped) and im hoping to go on and learn nail extensions, Can you give me some advise on whether I should continue to train at college or go to an external training provider or teach my self, I was thinking of buying some starter kits and following the dvd just to get the general idea of how to apply gel and then training with a company for a 1 day course. My local college would charge £210 for the training and then the cost of the bio sculpture kit is it worth it?

It would be great if some one could help

Thanks

Laura :)

Hi Laura and welcome to Geeking :green:

If you want training then check out this link -
http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

I think I'm right in saying that there are 2 main ways of being trained
  1. Via your local college
  2. With a supplier such as Ezflow, NSI Crative etc
Personally I trained with Creative and it was excellent.

The advantage of both of these methods over 'teaching' yourself via a dvd is that you have people to check what you are doing, offer advice and assistance and of course congratulations when you're doing it well.

You could also try doing a search on the site for training because there have been many topics about this with lots of information and opinions.

Happy Geeking!!:green:

There are some really good articles on training on here. http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

With your experience I would advise either continuing with your college or choosing a reputable company to continue your education. You have a great foundation now you have your Mani and Pedi qualification

If you do the one day course you will probably find it will teach you the basic's but not nearly enough and if you self teach you may find out you pick up bad habits which are hard too shake off!

I did a weekend course and I didn't have a good experience.

My advice is save your money and invest in some good training it will defiantly pay off in the long run

I am at exactly the same stage as you and I know how eager you are too get started! Good Luck!

xx

Happy reading Laura the only thing I would say is that you cant train yourself with a dvd it isn't that easy babes, I mean if you knew someone who wanted to be a surgeon would you be happy if they had trained themselves ???
Hope you get some fab education and become a great nail tech :)

Thanks for all your advice, I would never just watch the dvd and think i was qualified, But I thought it might help just to practice at the start with a fake hand just to get the general drift. But no Iv decided to go and complete the course at college we have a new tutor keely Denisheen starting in February so im going to wait until she starts and then do the course in biosculpture Keely's fantastic!!!
Thanks every one!!!
Laura

Latest posts

Back