Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe55

Reaction score
Im a new nail tech and im having this little prob that after 2 weeks the whole nail just pings off!!!!!!
Iv tried all sorts of primas and i make sure the acrylic does not touch any skin. I just dont no what im doing wrong, its so frustrating!!! somebody please help me. please please.
Did anybody do there training with star nails? what did you think?

chloe55 said:
Im a new nail tech and im having this little prob that after 2 weeks the whole nail just pings off!!!!!!
Iv tried all sorts of primas and i make sure the acrylic does not touch any skin. I just dont no what im doing wrong, its so frustrating!!! somebody please help me. please please.
Did anybody do there training with star nails? what did you think?
I did training with Star Nails but have never experienced a nail pinging off at all, never mind after 2 weeks. If a nail is going to ping off then it normally means that the nail wasnt prepped properly but this usually happens in the first few days. If a client told me that their nail had pinged off after that long i wouldnt believe 'em, lol. Hopefully somebody else will be able to shed a bit of light for you.

sounds like you need to do a bit more prep. there are tutorials on this board, i think they might be in site stuff. hth

I think that after 2 weeks they usually ping off if the growth is a lot and if they`re too long. Did the client have them unusually long in the first place? if so, then after 2 weeks they will be too long.
It can`t be anything you`re doing if they last that long so you have to ask the client what she is doing that makes them come off. I don`t think it`d be your training either, stop being so hard on yourself

Debs said:
I think that after 2 weeks they usually ping off if the growth is a lot and if they`re too long. Did the client have them unusually long in the first place? if so, then after 2 weeks they will be too long.
It can`t be anything you`re doing if they last that long so you have to ask the client what she is doing that makes them come off. I don`t think it`d be your training either, stop being so hard on yourself

yeah, your'e right there, two weeks is good going, :cool: it was more like 2 days for my first few sets :lol:

I agree with Debs, it could be the length. Plus when you apply a first set, the fileing promotes growth so they can grow quite rapidly the first couple of weeks. It alsomay be that you ahdn't built your apex quite right and made it a bit tip heavy, so it would ping off, just a thought. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back