Helped my first 'nail biter' !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tars

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Every Saturday for the past 4 weeks I've had a lovely client in for a manicure. On her first visit her nails were so badly biten and the cuticles very overgrown and I took a good hour sorting her out. She has not biten her nails once since she started coming to the salon and she's done it her whole life!I'm so proud of her, she's only 17 and I think it took alot of guts to come in and get help. I also feel like I've made a difference and I'm proud of me too!

Isn't it a great feeling when you feel like you made a difference in someone's life! Even something like a manicure, can make someone feel so different. That's one reason I keep plugging on, that a client feels like a new person by the time they leave. Not only that, but you feel good to!

Did you take before and after pics? Would like to see them if you did. If you do a set of nails on her, take some pics so we can see.

Isn't it a great feeling when you feel like you made a difference in someone's life! Even something like a manicure, can make someone feel so different. That's one reason I keep plugging on, that a client feels like a new person by the time they leave. Not only that, but you feel good to!

Did you take before and after pics? Would like to see them if you did. If you do a set of nails on her, take some pics so we can see.

Do you know what, I didn't take pics and now wished I had as theres such a difference!
I don't do nail enhancements, just a Manicurist me! She does want nails done and I'll have to had her over to Jess (Sparklepink) and I'll be sad to lose her!

CONGRATULATIONS:!:

Great feeling, aye? Way to go girl!
I've been reforming a few biters. NO better feeling as helping someone.
It's not just about 'vanity', it's about breaking a bad habit that affects their confidence.
I often give my 'reformers' lil treats like some free art and such to reward them for being 'good girls':wink2:

CONGRATULATIONS:!:

Great feeling, aye? Way to go girl!
I've been reforming a few biters. NO better feeling as helping someone.
It's not just about 'vanity', it's about breaking a bad habit that affects their confidence.
I often give my 'reformers' lil treats like some free art and such to reward them for being 'good girls':wink2:

Thats nice of you! Her 'reward' was a light sparkle polish to finish and she was as pleased as punch!

It makes all our hard work worth while doesn't it?

Well done you, give yourself a big pat on the back.

Well done, you have made such a difference to her. I had a biter in today and she even said that she didn't like going out because of the state of her bitten nails........the feel good factor for our clients is just great.

Well done I love it when it all comes together, have you Geeks got many clients that bite there skin and not there nails, I have one lady that had to have her nails soaked off as she couldnt afford it she soon came back and said she would live off blue and white baked beans, as where she didnt have her lovely extensions she chomped on the skin as soon as they where back she stopped, thank the lord for blue and white!!! LOL

Hi Geeks

Every Saturday for the past 4 weeks I've had a lovely client in for a manicure. On her first visit her nails were so badly biten and the cuticles very overgrown and I took a good hour sorting her out. She has not biten her nails once since she started coming to the salon and she's done it her whole life!I'm so proud of her, she's only 17 and I think it took alot of guts to come in and get help. I also feel like I've made a difference and I'm proud of me too!

Yay :)

you have done really well hunnio.... and your client has amazed me too... she is so sweet too...bless her :)

you have made a difference and i think that she would never have come back if we hadnt got her on your wee stop the nibbling program ;)

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back