Helping costing a new salon set up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racfal96

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Right, I am currently looking at setting up a salon premises as I am currently freelance.

I am looking at different buildings so ignoring the actually cost of premises can you all please throw some figures at me for general running costs please?

Based on 4-5 hair stations
1-2 nail stations
Beauty room
Aesthetics room.

Many thanks in advance, all help is greatly appreciated. Nothing like setting up a new business in the middle of a pandemic/recession

I’m afraid this is a how long is a piece of string question, sorry not to be more helpful.

This question has been asked before - try the search function.

If people can give me costs of what they are paying to run their salons now though, that will be very useful.

If I can gauge a rough cost for utilities it'd be really useful.

Yes and I have shared these in other threads. I’m not a hairdresser and hairdressers use an awful lot of hot water that costs money to heat. There are sustainable and eco friendly option which take about 8 years to break even but which reduce your overheads to tiny amounts.

The electricity is a multiple of the appliances that are running at any time, work on 80% occupancy and read the energy consumption of the machines that will be in use, such as hairdryers and waxing pots.

I have a 2 room beauty salon with additional nail and pedi stations. I have experimented with various staffing levels and decided to slim down in recent years. I spend about £1500 a month in a mixture of booking software, card machines, utility costs, website costs etc. Not including rent and staff of course.

Last edited:
Brilliant thank you that is very helpful

Latest posts

Back