Hema allergy to Ugly Duckling builder base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aromatherapy

Reaction score
Has anyone had clients who have become allergic to ugly duckling builder base?
I switched 2 clients over to the biab in early November, things were fine up until a month ago, when both clients nails started separating from the nail bed. The only thing different is I switched them from hard gel to biab.
Never had any issues with the hard gel.
I am thinking this is a hema allergy but I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue particularly with UD builder base

I use UD Builder base and all of their gel lines on my clients, I have not had any issues so far. One of my clients, in particular, is highly sensitive and prone to develop allergies, and she has been totally fine with the builder base. May I ask if it was all their nails on both clients had lifting? or just a few fingers for each client.

All 3 have gone to the dr and told it was an allergy.
So my guess is the hema content.
I have switched to light elegance Jimmy gel as it's hema free and things seem to be getting better🤗

I use UD Builder base and all of their gel lines on my clients, I have not had any issues so far. One of my clients, in particular, is highly sensitive and prone to develop allergies, and she has been totally fine with the builder base. May I ask if it was all their nails on both clients had lifting? or just a few fingers for each client.
A few fingers on each client.
All went to the dr and were told it was an allergy.
I have switched to Jimmy gel and it's getting better

Has anyone had clients who have become allergic to ugly duckling builder base?
I switched 2 clients over to the biab in early November, things were fine up until a month ago, when both clients nails started separating from the nail bed. The only thing different is I switched them from hard gel to biab.
Never had any issues with the hard gel.
I am thinking this is a hema allergy but I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue particularly with UD builder base
A couple years back (in 2022) I had FIVE clients suffer reactions. I had switched them from the IBX gel, to UD Builder base..... within months 5 of them had reactions. LONG TERM clients who I had a great history with! Years long history.
The common denominator was UD Builder Base.
Other clients who had different gel were FINE.
Since then, 3 of them stayed with me (the allergy reactions erased their faith in me by the other 2), and we tried a hema free gel from LE. No reactions.
Yes, recommended protocol is that they get allergy tested. None of them wanted to go through it, and I couldn't force them to.

Latest posts

Back