Hema allergy

janek19

Hello I am going to Nail School right now and I am six weeks away from graduation! I have wanted to do nails for years and finally I am following my Tashan. Quite sometime ago I knew I had a small allergic reaction to something whether it be acrylic gel or gel polish. I finally went and got a patch test done and I am highly allergic to HEMA and the 17 other names that I can go by. The brand I am using at school of course I'm allergic to. What I am looking for is a product that does not contain this or some of the other terms it goes by. Gel acrylic gel polish or anything like that would be so much help me greatly appreciated.

ciderella71

Cjp nail system's original monomer is hema free. Their master monomer isn't though so if you buy it I'd recommend contacting them first

Nail Perfect has a hema free range :)

Bel's Gels

Qualified Nail Technician
Hello I am going to Nail School right now and I am six weeks away from graduation! I have wanted to do nails for years and finally I am following my Tashan. Quite sometime ago I knew I had a small allergic reaction to something whether it be acrylic gel or gel polish. I finally went and got a patch test done and I am highly allergic to HEMA and the 17 other names that I can go by. The brand I am using at school of course I'm allergic to. What I am looking for is a product that does not contain this or some of the other terms it goes by. Gel acrylic gel polish or anything like that would be so much help me greatly appreciated.
Oh no... I feel your pain. I too am allergic to HEMA.

Here are some of the products I have used without reacting:
ibd Just Gel Polish (do not use the Powerbond as it contains HEMA as does the top coat)
ibd Clear Gel
NSI Universal Liquid (monomer)
NSI Superbond Primer

I found both ibd and NSI excellent for info on their MSDS so maybe refer to these for further info.
Always check the base coats, top coats and prep products as well.

Also it would be worth getting the MSDS for any products you are considering.
I always do a patch test on my arm first, even if a product doesn't contain HEMA.

I now use an industrial strength barrier cream and use double thick gloves all the time, although the molecules do tend to still get in at times and I get small reactions from time to time as I don't always use HEMA free on my clients.

If you want to contact me on my FBook inbox I am more than happy to have a chat with you.
There are some particular products I can tell you to definitely stay away from but I don't want to mention them here.
Here is the link to my FB page https://www.facebook.com/BelsGels/

Good luck on your journey :)

janek19

Oh no... I feel your pain. I too am allergic to HEMA.

Here are some of the products I have used without reacting:
ibd Just Gel Polish (do not use the Powerbond as it contains HEMA as does the top coat)
ibd Clear Gel
NSI Universal Liquid (monomer)
NSI Superbond Primer

I found both ibd and NSI excellent for info on their MSDS so maybe refer to these for further info.
Always check the base coats, top coats and prep products as well.

Also it would be worth getting the MSDS for any products you are considering.
I always do a patch test on my arm first, even if a product doesn't contain HEMA.

I now use an industrial strength barrier cream and use double thick gloves all the time, although the molecules do tend to still get in at times and I get small reactions from time to time as I don't always use HEMA free on my clients.

If you want to contact me on my FBook inbox I am more than happy to have a chat with you.
There are some particular products I can tell you to definitely stay away from but I don't want to mention them here.
Here is the link to my FB page https://www.facebook.com/BelsGels/

Good luck on your journey :)
Thank you so much! I just finished a patch test through my allergist and had a few different reactions. They gave me a list of names that are other names for it. They are definitely hidden in a lot of products! I use gloves as well but it would definitely be nice to know that I can do my nails with different products as well !

JaneyH

Try cjp white bottle , as ciderella said above it's hema free my allergy was so bad I was thinking of quitting after 17 years but now I'm good to go