Henna brow training kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Robin.

THANK YOU! so much for replying and giving your honest opinion.

IM GUTTED. The whole reason I wanted to take this on was
- for the time it stainined the skin
- the blonde shades

I CURRENTLY use Refectocil Tint ( ALL OF THEM) the grey for cool tones and the red/chestnut for warmer tones.

BUT some clinets skin just doesnt want to "take" on the skin staining element and wanted something more for clients for had spares// fine// thin hairs to create the illusion that there was something there that they wouldnt need to fill in with make up every day.

I have been watching the Brow henna and Henna Spa.. I have also been watching Nikki Mole. All training i can find is based in Russia, unfortunatly they dont cater for English speakers. ( I was willing to go that far)

I really wanted something that catered for BLONDES. Lets face it light brown + grey ... Is not blonde at all!

Have you been colour mixing on your arm or clients to get the correct shade?

Am i also correct in thinking that the henna has to be applied in 3 layers, once dry on top of each other??

How long is it left on before removing?

Have you got the White Brow Paste?

Sorry for all your info!
I don't use the white paste... it looks like diaper rash cream to me so I tried a nappy cream and it was too messy... I just free hand it and apply it like tint.

I leave it on for maybe 15mins.... longer if I'm doing a lash lift or something but my brow apts are only 30mins so I don't like to go over too much, plus I think they said you could leave it on for 10mins? But yes I heard layering helps.
I do try it on my arm but honestly every client gets a different color because it reacts with the color of their underlying brow. So sometimes it comes out lovely and cool toned and sometimes much warmer.

Hi Robin.

THANK YOU! so much for replying and giving your honest opinion.

IM GUTTED. The whole reason I wanted to take this on was
- for the time it stainined the skin
- the blonde shades

I CURRENTLY use Refectocil Tint ( ALL OF THEM) the grey for cool tones and the red/chestnut for warmer tones.

BUT some clinets skin just doesnt want to "take" on the skin staining element and wanted something more for clients for had spares// fine// thin hairs to create the illusion that there was something there that they wouldnt need to fill in with make up every day.

I have been watching the Brow henna and Henna Spa.. I have also been watching Nikki Mole. All training i can find is based in Russia, unfortunatly they dont cater for English speakers. ( I was willing to go that far)

I really wanted something that catered for BLONDES. Lets face it light brown + grey ... Is not blonde at all!

Have you been colour mixing on your arm or clients to get the correct shade?

Am i also correct in thinking that the henna has to be applied in 3 layers, once dry on top of each other??

How long is it left on before removing?

Have you got the White Brow Paste?

Sorry for all your info!

This is with taupe shade #5 of the blonde series and I was excited to recieve this shade thinking it would be my go to...... but as you can see its still quite warm. They say if you mix it with the other blonde shades it will darken them and cool them down but it tends to come out even warmer when I mix it even with the pearl blonde. So frustrating.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1495563273985-1024x1024-256x256.png
    PhotoGrid_1495563273985-1024x1024-256x256.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 97
I don't find combinal stains the skin as well as reflectocil :( however there's a brow stylist in Australia who sells E-color tint and it really stains the skin. Look up Melanie Marris brow stylist.
Yes, Ive seen that. I find that I have some clients whose skin grabs the colour straight away, and others that barely leave a hint of colour.

Ok so I've been using it for a few months now and here is what I've found. I've been using Brow Henna by irina levchuk.
It reacts fine so far with my clients who I usually use regular plant based tint on..refectocil etc
The darker shades are easier to work with and cooler toned whereas the blonde shades are very warm and I haven't found the right mix yet. I'm almost ready to write the blonde shades off completely.
I don't find it lasts more than a week on the skin unless using the darker shades.
There's lots of professionals on instagram using it but usually in the middle east so I can't read what blends they are using :( any western countries using it don't provide regular updates so I suspect they have the same problems.
When I do get color combos right on the right client it can be magical so I'm determined to figure it out.
It's very expensive :(
Personally I'm not willing to take the 300$ training plus spend so much on the product but you basically take the powder and mix it with water so it should be straight forward.
Hello, I just wanted to know did you ever try the henna spa products?

I actually just emailed them the other day but they haven't gotten back to me with a full ingredient list. In fact I've found it impossible to get a full ingredient list from any of the henna companies. Henna spa actually didn't even know what PPD was....

So a little update.

I have been on henna spa training late last year and I’m getting on well with it.

I haven’t done loads yet but here are my results

Attachments

• C55F32AC-DEE4-4CB3-8EBC-22F0F7F728D9.jpeg
    C55F32AC-DEE4-4CB3-8EBC-22F0F7F728D9.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 91
  • D8756D5A-562E-4AB6-82B2-639CFF41910D.jpeg
    D8756D5A-562E-4AB6-82B2-639CFF41910D.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 15C939B6-F10E-4BE1-A8D7-F27BB98ADC3A.jpeg
    15C939B6-F10E-4BE1-A8D7-F27BB98ADC3A.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 4EF692F8-1E17-4FB2-9CF7-C0F06D211238.jpeg
    4EF692F8-1E17-4FB2-9CF7-C0F06D211238.jpeg
    761 KB · Views: 79
They look great, Have clients been back yet to tell you how well they felt it lasted? I tried to book the henna course last year but paid for the training then the course provider kept cancelling. Currently rescheduling. Also looking into doing the 3D brow sculpting!

They look great, Have clients been back yet to tell you how well they felt it lasted? I tried to book the henna course last year but paid for the training then the course provider kept cancelling. Currently rescheduling. Also looking into doing the 3D brow sculpting!
Hi and yes.

Everyone that I have spoken to have loved it.

I haven’t had anyone re book back in for it though yet. But

On that I have recharged my insta feed and have posted a lot more and all of a sudden I have had a lot more interest. So jopefulky

So a little update.

I have been on henna spa training late last year and I’m getting on well with it.

I haven’t done loads yet but here are my results

Hi! Those brows look great! I live in Canada and offer brow threading and tinting, but Would like to add the henna tinting/staining now as I’m going into more holistic approach.I would like to take the training for this as you did. Do you know if I could do this from Canada? Do I really need the training ? How much did you pay for it? Is it online training? Thank you!
Henna brows seem to be making a bit of a commotion on the brow scene. Has anyone worked with henna on the brow before. I'm thinking of doing an online course and getting the kit. The tints don't appear reddish at all, or contain that ppd or lead etc. I like the fact that they say it lasts 2-4 weeks on skin. Alot of my clients like how the skin takes on tint...but it only lasts for a day.

Hi! I also live in Canada and would like to take training for henna and lash tinting/ staining. Have you found a place where you can get the training yet? I would love to know if you did and where, and how much it costed plz:) I’m sure I could do a good job without training but want to get certified if possible.
S.

You think they offer training to those who live in Canada ?

Latest posts

Back