Henna nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yogacat

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried using henna to colour nails?
If so, please tell me more!
I would like to offer truly natural manicures and this is an interesting idea...

yogacat said:
Has anyone ever tried using henna to colour nails?
If so, please tell me more!
I would like to offer truly natural manicures and this is an interesting idea...
The egyptians did this 2000 years ago..............
Yes you can use henna to colour nails, the only thing is.......henna fades...and as it does it changes colour and can end up looking dirty............
just a thought...............

If you are using it on the nails, you have to prime the nail with lemon juice, then apply the henna, then the paste has to stay on for a few hours, the longer it stays on the deeper the colour and the longer it lasts.........to make the paste stay on longer, ones it dry you dab it again with lemon juice.......
If you are mixing your own powder, instead of mixing it with water, mix it with cold black tea(no sugar or milk) let the mix stand overnight.............
you can apply it with a tiny brush or cocktail sticks.......... if you want pretty patterns...............

but you can get red, brown or black henna...........try the asian shops the stock a variety of henna powders..........some are ready mixed in little tubes............
I use henna for asian brides...............not on their nails just on their hands and their feet...............

HTH

Thank you for your reply :)
I found a fantastic website for henna - www.hennapage.com but it didn't talk about nails at all.
I've experimented a *little* with henna on the hands and realise that application method and quality are really important.
Any idea how long it might last on nails?
I never thought of doing patterns - d'you reckon it'd come out on the nails properly? It's a great idea.
Did you do a course or anything? - if so, where? and was it any good....
(full of questions, me ;) )

i have been practising on handy andy (nail trainer) using ezflow`s earthstones in sand, bride and terracotta these really look like the colour of henna, i bought a book of henna designs, i still need lots of practice but the effect is great, then cap the nails with clear l&p.

yogacat said:
Thank you for your reply :)
I found a fantastic website for henna - www.hennapage.com but it didn't talk about nails at all.
I've experimented a *little* with henna on the hands and realise that application method and quality are really important.
Any idea how long it might last on nails?
I never thought of doing patterns - d'you reckon it'd come out on the nails properly? It's a great idea.
Did you do a course or anything? - if so, where? and was it any good....
(full of questions, me ;) )
Hi babe, no I didn't take a course in henna, well not a college one.......
I got all my tips and tricks from my asian friends...........they use henna all the time and showed me how they do it and have done for centuries..........
They use it one their nails, but like I said, it fades after a few days and can look a bit dirty after a few days.............
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back