Henna vs tint for brows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you choose Henna over normal tint?

• Total voters

Beauty crazy

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I'm looking to train in Henna brows and lashes but I would like to hear from you your experiences of how it rates against normal tint? I know it will stain longer on the skin but how long realistically are we talking? Any info will be appreciated! I couldn't find any answers in previous threads so im sorry if this has been asked before.

Lisa :)

What is the difference?
Will it last a lot longer....?
Are the results very different from a traditional tint?

For insurance purposes, I assume, you will have to attend additional training probably a ‘day course’.

The products needed will cost more than a regular lash/brow.

Time taken for the service will be longer than a traditional service

This will all need to be factored into the cost.... which I expect would at least be double.

I am interested to hear how this is working in the salons who have taken the plunge

I've only tried one brand of henna. I liked it so much I became a trainer for them.

I've tried so many different brands of peroxide activated tints that I've lost count. I also train for a brow shaping brand - they don't think there's much difference between tint brands either.

What I have noticed is that tint lasts different lengths of time on people. Where you are mixing up more than one colour, the mix can affect longevity which a hairdresser learns about but a beauty therapist doesn't. I've noticed that ethnicity seems to play a part in longevity as well. So there are factors outside your control which can affect how long the tint lasts.

So I quote 2 weeks for normal tint but say that it varies from person to person. I also say that tint lasts overnight on me, which is a quirk of my ethnicity and that some people say it lasts for a month. Lucky them.

Henna on the other hand lasts really well, that's why it's so popular. I'm sure it varies from brand to brand, but it outlasts peroxide tints. On me, Mina henna lasts 3-4 weeks. I start filling my brows at 3 weeks with make up, but I can still see the tint on my brows. I quote 4 weeks for a return appointment.

The staining on the skin is akin to fake tan, it wears off gradually. The more you cleanse your brows the faster it'll wear off the skin. You could scrub the skin stain off if you really hated the effect. The point of the look is that it gives you a natural brow. The over made up Instagram brow is still very popular of course but it's no longer the latest look.

Im really happy with the Mina Henna colour range, it's superb with the blonde colours which surprised me. The colour is very intense, yet natural and the henna makes the hairs glossy which sounds weird, but it makes the colour really pop. But not in an over done way
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Henna lashes look lovely, but it's a really stingey product. I'm selective about who I use it on, some of my clients scrunch their lashes tight shut and I wouldn't use henna on them, because it's left on for quite a while (with my brand) and it wouldn't be tolerable if you'd made your eyes sting in the first 30 seconds.

Wow - thanks for such a great response
How long do you book out , and is it a financial asset!

They look great Duchess! God I'd love to get my ridiculous eyebrows done like that!

Im a bit fussy about shaping so I book 40 mins for a first appointment. The timings vary for different tint colours and sometimes I like to overlay or ombre with different colours. I want to showcase the result and make the client feel that this is unlike a normal tint and is special. I have a lot of clients that I can henna in 25 mins for follow on appointments. You need to wax rather than thread because the henna staining in the skin is shaped by the wax and you get a nice clean result.

When I first took on Billion Dollar Brows (not a henna brand) it took me into a different league and set me up for the future.

Henna didn't have the same financial boost effect because I'm basically fully booked so I don't promote the service - it isn't even on my website. I just tell people...yet it still sells. It's great to have an awesome option for clients who don't really have any brows to shape and once you start looking, you realise how many clients you already have who could benefit.

It was my granddaughter who switched me on to it. She's a redhead and her child brows are invisible. She saw me making up brows for clients a couple of times and the next thing I knew she was doing the same. I got her a gold eyeliner for her brows which worked a treat. She was so happy. What was interesting was that she didn't go for lipstick first, it was all about the brows. (Lipstick came later) And I thought if a very young child is noticing brows before anything else it's hard wired into us.

I guess I took the product on because I knew I had clients for it. Yes it works for me financially.

Have a look at hello henna brows by epibrow, it works so well, I’m
Not affiliated with them but love the results.

My henna

Pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190117-131711_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190117-131711_Facebook.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back