Hepatitis Injections

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
Was just reading a thread about a fellow geek having her injections before undertaking her cabin crew training (sorry chick can't remember who you are), and that got me to thinking:

1. How many of you have had your jabs
2. Do you think it is necessary and your reasons for yes/no

I know you can't be protected by injection for HIV/aids and that strict hygiene should be followed at all times for all clients. I have had my Hep C (think its C) injections as I was recommended to do so by my college when starting out.

i have had my hep b injections but that's only because i was a dental nurse and your not allowed (well shouldn't be) to nurse without it.

I had mine some years ago when I began training as a Chiropodist.
It wasnt recommended to me at the college I trained at for man & ped though it may be different now.

I have just done waxing training and I was advised to have a Hep B injection. My tutor said that it isn't common practice in colleges anymore, but she recommends it still.

Now that's interesting - good thread Joe90!

I tought so, shame there haven't been more replies to what I think is an important subject.

Hi
I've had my hep b injections I was advised by my college as no matter how careful you are you're still at risk!

Is it Hep B or C you are advised to have ? and is this in case of body fluid contact ?

Do you know that while tb has become more prevelant in this country than ever they do not now give the bcg routinely in schools unless they are in high risk areas...So you are ok as long as you dont travel out of your area.
I want my son to have it at the age he would have done and i cant even pay for it at our doctors.Ive got to take him to a private clinic somewhere else.Not even sure of the cost.
When you think of how close you are to someone either as a technician or a customer and how tb is spread this is another vaccination that is all important.I cant believe the governments mentality it must cost thousands to treat someone with tb.

Do you know that while tb has become more prevelant in this country than ever they do not now give the bcg routinely in schools unless they are in high risk areas...So you are ok as long as you dont travel out of your area.
I want my son to have it at the age he would have done and i cant even pay for it at our doctors.Ive got to take him to a private clinic somewhere else.Not even sure of the cost.
When you think of how close you are to someone either as a technician or a customer and how tb is spread this is another vaccination that is all important.I cant believe the governments mentality it must cost thousands to treat someone with tb.

This is true. I'm about to go all political here (sorry)
What makes me laugh is that our parental right to choice, regarding MMR or single vaccines was removed (other than for those with the money to pay private).
Those parents who were too scared to give their little baby something which was potentially damaging were then made to feel guilty and responsible for a possible measles epademic. The government were basically saying - well when measles starts sweeping the country, wiping out your children...... it's your own fault.

So why does this not apply to TB? I am half Indian, so I requested that my kids had a TB jab when they were babies..... reason being family might visit from abroad - blah blah blah. In all honesty, I just wanted them to be safe.
I have no contact with any family abroad so visits are unlikely. And the chances of me going to India are pretty slim - I'm too poor!
Therefore the only danger to me and mine is the exact same danger as there is to all of us, whatever our racial background.
With the way that we all travel from country to country, town to town, city to city, and our population becomming more diverse and integrated, surely the only change to TB vaccinations should be having them as babies - it seems like madness to stop them!? Whos fault will it be if TB sweeps the country?

When I was a baby, I had a severe reaction to the measles jab and almost died. My Mum was advised not to allow any of her future children to have it. When I had my sons I explained this and was told that even though my babies could react the same way, They still couldn't offer my children mumps and rubella as singles. It was MMR or nothing (or private of course).

This topic does my head in!!

Hep B btw!

Latest posts

Back