her way or MY WAY ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalebron

Reaction score
Ok... here's my dilemma...

I have been given the chance to take over from a nail tech who is leaving the country, working in a hair salon. I have no problem with this and realise that i am extremely lucky... all of her clients have made appointments with me. BUT... this is my thing... The girl that is their right now does things extremely different to me, for example... I did my training with Creative so when i do a rebalance, i file the acrylic down and reapply both the pink and white acrylic, file and then buff to a shine. The current nail tech, drills in front of any lift and using the nippers, nips off the pink acrylic that has lifted, she then infills just the pink and only files back the white to neaten it up she then files it with a white block and applies a top coat. She does this to all her clients at every other appointment i.e. once a month. At the other appt she does as I do, reapplying both pink and white. I realise everyone does things different but she charges her clients a lot less of just infilling the pink and to be honest I'm not sure of her method in using the nippers!!!

Whilst, she charges different price for each visit, the cost would be no different over the month using my method as opposed to hers. My concern is that if i change the way her customers are used to paying and getting their nails done, I may lose their business!!!:irked:

Am i being stupid??? I know i should do things my way but i am scared!!! I have all these clients and would hate to lose them! Am i just blowing things out of proportion??

PLEASE HELP!!! :eek:

its understandable that you would be concerned.

i think that you should stick to your own way . do what you are confident with.
just explain to the clients that all technicians have different ways of working.
once they see that you are keeping their nails looking beautiful all the time without it costing them any extra ithink they willcome round to your way of thinking.

in my opinion replacing the smile only every 4 weeks means it not being in the right place the first time around.

one way to get round this would be to use a coverage pink so that you can still keep the smile in the correct place but not have the regrowth showing after a couple of weeks.

The current tech sounds like [from your explanation] that she is rebalancing every second appointment, which is fine & suits those clients.

Clipping/nipping lifted acrylic seems to be her only vice so far & I'm sure after you have worked on these clients once or twice it will be under contol.

I myself don't work on the white/free edge/french tip at every appointment if it's not necessary and will apply pink powder[not pulled over whites] then clear powder, buff, etc & finish. It's not uncommon.

IMHO - Tin hat on and in you go..... "Be prepared" :) as the scouts would say, try not to change tooooooo much all at once & remember as excited & as nervous as you are, the exisiting clients are loosing their regular tech :cry: and are feeling it too. Be gentle on each other & you will be fine.

HtH

XX J XX

I myself don't work on the white/free edge/french tip at every appointment if it's not necessary and will apply pink powder[not pulled over whites] then clear powder, buff, etc & finish. It's not uncommon.

this is what I do also.....I think if you just tell clients that you prefer a certain way and tell them to be patient ...and they will have lovely nails in the end .....then it will all work out......good luck :!:

Huni, taking over from someone new is always a tad scary. But do it your way, because thats the way you work and know it works for you.
You are now in charge and thats the way forward. Sure you may loose some clients, but then again you may not, when they see, that your way gets fab results......

Good luck xxxx

Thanks guys for all your advice, it has really helped me!!

xx

Latest posts

Back