Here comes summer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I know the weather down south is a lot warmer, but it is dry and sunny up here in Scotand today, and supposedly going to be more of the same for the next few days!
Over the last week, I have power washed the greenhouse, inside and out and prepared it for growing my tomatoes and cucumbers. First cut of the grass also done. Strimmed cut and edged to be exact.
Today I have power washed the decking, washed down the garden furniture and generally prepared the garden for summer. The worst job of all was fitting the automatic opener to the greenhouse window, it always frustrates me and I never remember from year to year how it's done (instructions long gone and Google images very vague!)
I sometimes wish I was back in a flat with no garden!

Anyway, how are you all getting prepared for summer, and do we know if it's going to be a scorcher?

Go you! I tidied the garden last week then gave it it's first mow, it's so nice when u go out the next morning and it's all lovley :) I haven't got round to the pressure washing yet tho, that's gotta be my all time favourite house job my bf thinks I'm nuts I'd much rather work outside than do the dishes or Hoover lol :rolleyes: I'm all planted too, my daffs & tulips are out and the lillies are on the way :) just gotta fight slugs to keep them alive at the mo, I've been indoor spring cleaning too, de cluttering etc, wardrobes next :confused: Not fun when you've got to do it for 5 people o_O

Oh yes, pressure washing is way better than hoovering lol!
I will be getting some building work done soon, so have started clearing out my kitchen cupboards...found some tins with a best before 2011 date

Oh yes, pressure washing is way better than hoovering lol!
I will be getting some building work done soon, so have started clearing out my kitchen cupboards...found some tins with a best before 2011 date
They'll be fine!

I sowed some grass seed today. Thrilling

I send my lot down the field with a Tupperware tub to get me grass seed lol they strip it off the tall grass :D Love a freebie me! I think I'd be a gardener if I ever had to leave my carrear

Last week I was going through our packing boxes and found some spaghetti pasta with a BB date of 2008.
Oops!
:eek::oops:

I had dog antibiotics in the fridge from 2009 lol only found it the other day! That sounds really gross actually :eek:

Sounds like the spring cleaning is long overdue with a lot of us. I was worried my new kitchen wouldn't have enough cupboards, but I now realise less cupboards mean less clutter, so bring it on.

Having a well deserved glass(s) of wine now, and sorted out my aching back with some voltarol gel!

Devastated there's only 1 episode of Poldark left to go...

Hi Izzi, we had a fabulously warm day in Michigan, yesterday. Even though I'm sick, I went outside and did some major cleanup in the yard. Later on, my neighbor's son came by with the power rake and did the thatching. I'm too old to do that by hand anymore.

I went to a few stores today looking at flowers. Just trying to plan what I'm going to plant.

Can't wait!

Hi Izzi, we had a fabulously warm day in Michigan, yesterday. Even though I'm sick, I went outside and did some major cleanup in the yard. Later on, my neighbor's son came by with the power rake and did the thatching. I'm too old to do that by hand anymore.

I went to a few stores today looking at flowers. Just trying to plan what I'm going to plant.

Can't wait!
Wishing you well @deanosnana x

I've made a big.start in the garden. Just had 2 weeks off so made the most of it.

Ordered decking and A pergola to fit over the top so ststarted preparing the spot outside the kitchen window (sun trap till 1pm then it move yo the top of the garden)

Raked my front drive as the gravel had mostly congregated under the hedges

Cut my grass then sat admiring my.handy work with a glass of wine and.didn't get much further, another glass then lit the bbq....loves summer

Isn't it funny how were all doing the same, glass of wine & aches and pains included :p I just find time my biggest issue for getting things done! I'd love a week off to get really stuck in but I'm too scared to take one lol! @KHS how do u manage? Do you let others run things while your gone? My day off consists of getting up late coz it's the only lie in of the week, then over nannas for Sunday lunch, then a frantic couple of hours trying to catch up on the washing, ironing, garden (doggy poop) & vacuuming & tidying, baths & getting homework & bags ready for school! Pmsl I need to work on my life/work balance I think! o_O

They'll be fine!

I sowed some grass seed today. Thrilling
I got some slabs laid year before allst
Isn't it funny how were all doing the same, glass of wine & aches and pains included :p I just find time my biggest issue for getting things done! I'd love a week off to get really stuck in but I'm too scared to take one lol! @KHS how do u manage? Do you let others run things while your gone? My day off consists of getting up late coz it's the only lie in of the week, then over nannas for Sunday lunch, then a frantic couple of hours trying to catch up on the washing, ironing, garden (doggy poop) & vacuuming & tidying, baths & getting homework & bags ready for school! Pmsl I need to work on my life/work balance I think! o_O
Definitely...I'm exhausted reading that!
Thankfully I'm only part time working Thurs Frid & Sat. That leaves me 4 days to clean,shop and garden, weather permitting, a lie in still involves being up before 8am though. I'm so busy at work just now though I am having to book a few clients in on some Tuesday's but I've sworn them to secrecy about it so it doesn't become a permanent thing. Once all their toes are done it will be back to normal business hours. I definitely love my work more when I just work 3 full busy days rather than a patchy 4 days.

Spring cleaning is taking on a whole new meaning for me at the moment, as it looks likely I could be moving home within the next few months.

I've suddenly had the urge to declutter as much as possible, which means several visits to the local charity shop, as well as the council dump.

Our work Internet went down on Friday and Mr BT man came to fix today. I made a list of jobs to do. One of them was to call a window cleaner. I ended up doing it myself. It's such a beautiful day, I've watered my pots around the salon and cleaned the whole of the kitchen. So much for my day off!

Vic x

I'm up in Scotland too so was nice to see some decent weather! Got my horrible rose bushes uprooted and taken away and I hung out, dried and folded away FOUR washings!! It's sad how chuffed I was about that!
Bring on summer!!!

Wow could you lot share some of your energy with me please! I cut my grass at the weekend and that's as good as it gonna get :rolleyes:

I only used to take a week off but spent the whole week stressing if everything was OK lol.
Made a decision that as living with just my lad and at nearly 45 I had no time to scratch my bum, so one Monday night 4 weeks ago (over a glass of wine lol) I decided to sell up, advertised it snd by 3pm Tuesday it had sold. And I'm staying there self employed, best decision I ever made.
So for the first time in 13 yrs I took 2 weeks off and wondered how the hell I managed to get everything done before lol

I only used to take a week off but spent the whole week stressing if everything was OK lol.
Made a decision that as living with just my lad and at nearly 45 I had no time to scratch my bum, so one Monday night 4 weeks ago (over a glass of wine lol) I decided to sell up, advertised it snd by 3pm Tuesday it had sold. And I'm staying there self employed, best decision I ever made.
So for the first time in 13 yrs I took 2 weeks off and wondered how the hell I managed to get everything done before lol
Oh my god you've sold. Congratulations x

Latest posts

Back