Here's one to get the old cogs ticking over-Zombie nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
I've got a real thinker for you here!!!

I have a client who is going to a halloween party at the end of October and apparently it's a really big deal and her costume has to be amazing. Anyway, she's decided she's going as a zombie and has booked with me to have her nails done to complete the look. She has no specific ideas about how she wants them and is leaving that up to my discretion, and I know she wants her outfit to me amazing so I really want to create something fantastic for her. She would like them doing in either nail polish or shellac, but doesnt want acrylics or gels. My first thoughts are that they need to be matte, perhaps grey would be a good base colour. Does anyone know if there is a way to make them look cracked? Is there anything I can embed in the shellac that would look like grit/dirt? Has anyone got any other ideas how I could create zombie nails?

Oooo! What a fab request :)

If she usually gets a fortnight out of Shellac I would go for a full set of Cityscape then when done I'd put a black crackle varnish over it and red varnish 'spatter' round the free edge. Then after the party the varnish can be removed and she'll still have amazing nails till her next appointment.

If she wants all shellac I'd go for cityscape base then a black additives fade round the eponichium and a wee touch of red additive round the free edge.

You should post a pic of the end design, Make me jealous as I paint 'ghostie' nails on my 20th customer of the week ;)

Sarah
X

Google I saw a set with blood on ends was a technique with polish looked amazing I'll see if I can find it. Ok googled and there are loads of tutorials on you tube.

Omg LEF that is wicked cool. Gross but super neat!

I came across this on YouTube last year when looking at Hallowen nails. It's pretty gross but might be sort of thing to set off zombie look

Oh my god that's fantastic!! It looks completely gross, I thought it was real at first! I might suggest to my client that we do something like this

You wouldnt even have to do all her fingures just a few on each hand.

Something like these?

Attachments

• 295a.jpg
    295a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 6,524
Or if she doesn't want stick on nails. These

Attachments

• IMG_1216 (2).jpg
    IMG_1216 (2).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 11,155
why dont you go for the acid wash look, but with greens and greys and red instead of blue?

Some great ideas there ladies, thanks for your input.

When I was a zombie last year I painted them black with regular polish about a week before the party so that they were good and chipped.

The rest of my outfit was all ripped up so I figured my nails should also be a mess. haha.

Ohhh I loooove halloween!
I’m planning to do zoombienails on my daughter.
I will use natural tips, gut uneven at the free edge, so they look split and thorn. And then make them dead greenbluish at the bottom and use a dirt brown to make them look digging out of the coffin. And then a bit op bloody red in the cuticle to made them look sore and so they almost expected to fall off. I will also buy false tissue you can make fake scars of. And model a sore and ghastly looking cuticle of.
I do will photo the nails, and I really hope you will to. Think I do have to practice a lot on mu hand first..
Good luck to your creative work

Latest posts

Back