Reaction score
Hi Trina
Great pics........I love the first one looks very classy :shock:
Keep um coming :D
Take care Dawnie xx

crazy'n'creative

Crazy Geekette
Reaction score
WOW they are beautiful what did you use to do the first one ?

BrendaLeeNPW

Reaction score
:D I love your work! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!
BrendaLee

Karen

Reaction score
Those are lovely! :D

I like the black one with the white daisies!

Kx

Debs

Reaction score
They are just soooo perfect, surely they`re not done freehand

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
Thanks everyone you make a gal feel real good. They are all freehand, the first one all I did was paint a thick diagonal line in black then framed it with the thin gold lines. I then painted the leaves, then the flowers and then put in some flower buds, tiny strokes, and dots here and there. When I painting the flowers I double loaded my brush to give the petals and the buds more detail. The brushes I used where a filbert, small round and a liner brush. I found that I would get lines that were too thick so I cut my liner brush till I had about 5 or 6 hairs left in it and now it works just great to get the really small details.

:flower:

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Must say you're very very talented - don't think I could do those designs in a million years :( Out of curiosity how long does it take you to do a full set like that - without the amount of detail in some of those designs I'd expect it to take longer than the enhancements themselves ;)

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
For the detailed one at the top of the page it takes approximately 3 to 4 minutes per nail. I do them in steps, so by the time I am finished the first step on the last nail (if doing a full set of art) the first one is dry and I can start the next color right away. My times do vary on some of the art because I find the more I do a certain design the faster I get at it. That design is fairly new so it might not take as long as I stated after I am able to do it more of it.

Suzanne R

Reaction score
Trina your art work is really nice....I like that it is original. I like them all but I really like the first one on the left, very pretty!

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
Thank you so much. The first one is one of my favorites as well. I am wanting to do more, but right now I only have single tips to do my art on and I am wanting to get some of the nail tip design wheels. I think that way they will be easier for my clients to view, and easier for me to handle.

Debs

Reaction score
such talent Trina, I just live in hope but I`m not really arty so basic stuff is all I do, everyone on here puts me to shame

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Reaction score
I love them all.........................
but like the others the first one it's so smart looking...............
Love Ruth xxxxxxxxx

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
Debbie,
If you can do a simple 5 petal flower, all you need to do to add a bit more detail to it is to double load your brush. Dip one side of the brush into one color and the other side in another, for example white and a pale blue. I use a filbert brush for this and I use the side of the brush to paint the petals. If you want a white flower with blue accents place the white edge of the brush to the nail first or vice versa. You can also do the same for the leaves using a dark and a lighter green. Then add veins to the leaves for detail. I usually use a silver or gold for the center of the flower to give it a bit of sparkle.
Hope this helps and good luck and have fun :flower:

Debs

Reaction score
Thanks Trina, I don`t do nearly enough practising with nail art because I`m not a confident artist. Maybe you should all do step by steps of all your great work all you artists out there, that way we could all have a go

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi i am just starting with the nail industry and seeing your pics make me realise i have done the right thing in doing nails you are fantastic how long have you been doing it .

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
Hi Dee, welcome to the nail industry and to this wonderful board. I have only been doing nails for a year and two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts