Hey guys, I got fired and I'm so happy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
I've been trying to stay away from drama (and here). I'm a lot different in person then on here. I don't gossip, never take a sick day or anything. I even do unpaid hours. What I'm trying to say is I tend to put work over everything.

So yesterday I woke up sick. Came to work and worked alone cleaning the salon and taking appointments.

Today I was sent a whole heap of text messages around 7.30 in the morning by my boss to tell him his schedule. I was at home still. Then he told me his kids need him to stay home because they are ill which is understandable.

Now I am sick. When I got in I had to call him. And he heard I was losing my voice. I have a temperature of 35.2c which is low. But not exactly dangerous. Resently I have been reffered to a haemotologist due to severe bruises (most likely nothing but I warned him I may need a few hours off work). When I mentioned I was sick he fired me and started making comments about how I'm always sick. I've never had a sick day or holiday.

I "quit" ages ago and he talked me into staying until I find someone to replace me. So this is a blessing. I can finally escape this hell.

Its been about 2 years here. I'm just feeling so happy and I just wish I got sick like this before.

How can it have been 2 years when you only recently got the apprenticeship here after your last horrible salon?

:/ woah you missed a bunch. I never left. We just changed management and team. My bosses wife became my boss and then gave back the business and got a devorce. I'm just looking forward to stability out of this manic hell. I hope that there are no other salons like this.

Well at least there will be no melodramas as you will have no dramatic salon stories to tell anymore if your not working in a salon ......good luck in your new venture we can't wait to hear all about it !

Its been about 2 years here. I'm just feeling so happy and I just wish I got sick like this before.[/QUOTE]

If you were that unhappy like you always state you are why not just leave anyway

Reactions: KHS
Linkles your full of it! Such a weirdo!

You said back in April you had a newish job. Newish isnt 2 years old!

You moved salons as you hated your old job. If your going to lie make sure you remember the lies you have told. They are in black and white on your profile.

You will make a story up now to cover your old one lol.

Your actually boring now with all the made up drama stories.

This is going in circles. I started 1/2/2014 completed probationary 29/4/2014 got signed up with the board 28/4/2014 with comencement date of 30/4/2014 and handed in my resignation a couple of months back. I was talked into changing from an apprebtice to a salon assistant and helping out till I replace myself/I find somewhere else. I can prove this with contracts and text messages but I don't feel the need to do so. The funny thing is my work pace is so messed up that no one beleives it except for the other ex stylists.

:/ woah you missed a bunch. I never left. We just changed management and team. My bosses wife became my boss and then gave back the business and got a devorce. I'm just looking forward to stability out of this manic hell. I hope that there are no other salons like this.

It's unbelievable.

Crank or what

This is going in circles. I started 1/2/2014 completed probationary 29/4/2014 got signed up with the board 28/4/2014 with comencement date of 30/4/2014 and handed in my resignation a couple of months back. I was talked into changing from an apprebtice to a salon assistant and helping out till I replace myself/I find somewhere else. I can prove this with contracts and text messages but I don't feel the need to do so. The funny thing is my work pace is so messed up that no one beleives it except for the other ex stylists.

I am confused as on 7/2/2015 you started a thread and posted that you were in college and didn't know wether to do in house training or school ...now you are saying you worked for this employer for two years ....now you may be telling the truth and did both but because of all the mixed stories you tell nobody can keep up with the drama....perhaps use this site for what it's meant for .....serious advice ....all I can say is I have complete sympathy for your next employer and I'm so glad it's not me as you would drive me round the bend ....just saying

Ground hog day.....here we go...*sighs* don't forget moving house....and all the other stories your other accounts came out with. Layercaeks for one

I don't meant to be rude as I don't know you, but you can't just be asked to be a salon assistant from an apprentice [emoji53] an apprenticeship is a government scheme that you have to complete (generally 2 years) so you've either never completed this at all which wouldn't make you a qualified hairdresser/beautician or your telling a few porkies! I'm pretty sure a lot of people can agree with me here as have probably completed an apprenticeship to gain their qualification?! If you change roles within your job you would end your apprenticeship!
I do apologise if I've completely missed what your saying here [emoji53]

I don't meant to be rude as I don't know you, but you can't just be asked to be a salon assistant from an apprentice [emoji53] an apprenticeship is a government scheme that you have to complete (generally 2 years) so you've either never completed this at all which wouldn't make you a qualified hairdresser/beautician or your telling a few porkies! I'm pretty sure a lot of people can agree with me here as have probably completed an apprenticeship to gain their qualification?! If you change roles within your job you would end your apprenticeship!
I do apologise if I've completely missed what your saying here [emoji53]

April I think everyone's confused my lovely and the truth be known I think linkles has told so many exaggerated stories I think he's even confused himself !......

Screenshot_2015-09-08-09-03-46.png Screenshot_2015-09-08-09-03-33.png

Well these posts say different!

How can you change from an apprentice to salon assistant if you haven't qualified?

You actually said in one of your posts you had moved from the gangster salon to a new one and you loved it. Make up your mind. It's hard keeping up with these fairytales. Must be even harder for you.

Perhaps we should all just wish Linkles well, and leave it at that.

Pa ha ha [emoji23] that's all I've got on this one!

Reactions: KHS
Ummm a salon assistant doesn't need to be qualified. I told my boss I'm leaving due to hating my job. I wanted to give him plenty of notice due to spring carnival (a season of updos for horse racing). Since we're a team of 3 he convinced me to stay since he needed a replacement. I also did 10 months school training prior to my apprenticeship due to deciding it was better to complete my cert 3 in a salon but I was made to start again. Cert 3 can be done at school over 12-15 months full time or in an apprenticeship for 3-4 years.

But he took me out of school and started paying me cash in hand. He's still making me do clients.

I literally only said I'd moved because people wouldn't leave me alone about my work place. My mother has actually described my actions as an abusive relationship because its pretty much like that. For some reason I am always making excuses for how he treats me. My boss actually scares the fuck out of me and makes threats. He even called me disgusting human being because I made a mistake booking an appointment which in turn his bullying made me. Cry on the salon floor. Clients give me fair works details but for some reason I can't go through with it.

We (all staff and ex staff) think my boss is on drugs. I'm just happy i'm out by the 3rd of october.

I was put on salon manager and then taken off because my bosses wife took over. She is now devorcing him. things were good while she was boss because she kept him in line and he was off the drugs.

I get why people don't beleive me. I wouldn't. But unfortunately places like this exist.

I'm just so happy there is.an.end in sight. And I'm really sorry for all the drama. You guys (although some has been tough love) have been awesome for the most part. You guys have shown that this kind of work place is not okay and that's really awesome.

I'm not sure if I will go back into hair as I'm really ill am going to see haemotologists (part of why he "fired" me.. I also have the flu or something and was concerned I have a 35.2'c temperature and he claimed the salon was unhealthy :c). I may stay here as a consumer but my health is more important now.

I dont understand why I keep seeing posts like this from you. They've literally just got nothing to do with anything and are just random dramatic stories.
I honestly feel like you're some lonely weirdo sitting at home with no job who comes on here to tell made up stories to get people to talk to you. Its just bizarre.

I wish that was the case.

Good luck for the future, Linkles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back