Hey, look at this!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!! NOW PLEASE READ ON ......................................................

Judging from the amount of posts I have moved into the correct forums this past week, I think it is time for EVERYONE to review and re-read the Geek commandments which is the thread highlighted in PINK at the top of the page.

For one reason, there are probably some that you haven't seen since you last visited them.

For two, one of the commandments is to read the commandments once a week!! :lol:

For three, there are just too many posts being put in the wrong forums.

Posts about nails belong in the main nail forum and should be of interest generally to all nail techs (no matter from which country they originate). Therefore, posts about a road show in Great Britain are of no interest whatsoever to a tech from 'down under' so they do not belong in the main nail forum. Put them in chit chat.

Now go and have a read ... I'm sure you will learn something new.

Hi Gigi!

I am familiar with the comandments and feel that I do my best to follow them, but have to say that I find things a little confusing at times.

For example, these two threads were posted on the same day, within an hour of each other. One was moved to chit chat, one remained in the Nail Geek forum.

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/62561-ez-flow-conversion-thanks-jess-sparklepink.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/62564-cnd-anne-swain-training.html

I fail to see how they are dissimilar.... other than that one says 'thanks' in the thread title and the other doesn't?...... Which can be easily justified - One educator is a geek, the other isn't.

Can you help to relieve my confusion? :rolleyes:

I can only say that it perhaps just was overlooked.

The mods do the best they can but things do get overlooked occasionally which is why so many have been moved in the past few days.

Being a mod is a voluntary job and we don't all live glued to the site. If a post has moved off the main first 2 or 3 pages, then it most likely will not be looked at.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific concerns.

I initially thought this might have been the case, but as we approached the middle of the week with no change.....

Thanks.

Hi Gigi!

I am familiar with the comandments and feel that I do my best to follow them, but have to say that I find things a little confusing at times.

For example, these two threads were posted on the same day, within an hour of each other. One was moved to chit chat, one remained in the Nail Geek forum.

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/62561-ez-flow-conversion-thanks-jess-sparklepink.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/62564-cnd-anne-swain-training.html

I fail to see how they are dissimilar.... other than that one says 'thanks' in the thread title and the other doesn't?...... Which can be easily justified - One educator is a geek, the other isn't.

Can you help to relieve my confusion? :rolleyes:

The reason why i posted my training day in the nail forum as opposed to chit chat,as although,yes i wanted to share some fabulous news and elation,i was asking a specific question in relation to solar oil and the spa treatments.

I did hesitate prior to posting,but opted for the nail forum.I did not want to create more work for the moderators and apologise for any confusion Lauri:)

The reason why i posted my training day in the nail forum as opposed to chit chat,as although,yes i wanted to share some fabulous news and elation,i was asking a specific question in relation to solar oil and the spa treatments.

I did hesitate prior to posting,but opted for the nail forum.I did not want to create more work for the moderators and apologise for any confusion Lauri:)

:hug: I wasn't confused by why you put it in the Nail forum..... I'm not having a go at you babes, please don't feel that I was :hug:

As I understand it the Nail forum is for people to post not only questions but also info etc which could be of interest to all Nail Geeks.
Many people found what I said, to be of interest to them as Nail Professionals.

Just to clarify, incase anyone feels I am annoyed or being nasty...... I'm not. The issue was raised, so I thought I would ask the question so I could be clear in the furture, that's all.

Feel the love!! xx

Thats fine hun,no problems....ill slip in a shot of vodka for you at the gek meet on dec 9:eek::lol:

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!! NOW PLEASE READ ON ......................................................

Judging from the amount of posts I have moved into the correct forums this past week, I think it is time for EVERYONE to review and re-read the Geek commandments which is the thread highlighted in PINK at the top of the page.

For one reason, there are probably some that you haven't seen since you last visited them.

For two, one of the commandments is to read the commandments once a week!! :lol:

Posts about nails belong in the main nail forum and should be of interest generally to all nail techs (no matter from which country they originate). Therefore, posts about a road show in Great Britain are of no interest whatsoever to a tech from 'down under' so they do not belong in the main nail forum. Put them in chit chat.

hands up....guilty of this one to a degree....i thought that if it was to do with nails then it went in the nail geek forum.....i didnt honestly think about the fact that any us/aussie geeks might not have a clue what i was on about. (i am reffering to the thread i posted about argos selling nail products here)...now it has been made clear to me i will try and make sure i think about it a bit more before posting.:hug:

sian
xx

Thats fine hun,no problems....ill slip in a shot of vodka for you at the gek meet on dec 9:eek::lol:
Can't wait! Although, I'll pass on the Vodka - I'm a Whisky kinda gal :green::hug:

I'm guilty as well ......and thought I had posted in the right forum.....

I posted a problem I had with some free samples I received and had no clue as to "how to use it" and thought that putting it in the forum I did was correct.....it was nail related and not a chit-chat or so I thought........obviously I was wrong.....maybe I should re-read the commandments before posting every-time ............before I post :rolleyes: or ask a mod where to put it ......IMO ......it's all a bit confusing as rules seems to change quite often as to what go where .....and when.....

Good point Geeg, i do think we all need a little reminder sometimes on where to post and who it would benefit etc.

I will look at the commandments and remind myself right now. Although i usually do feel i am adhering to the rules.:)

I'm guilty as well ......and thought I had posted in the right forum.....

I posted a problem I had with some free samples I received and had no clue as to "how to use it" and thought that putting it in the forum I did was correct.....it was nail related and not a chit-chat or so I thought........obviously I was wrong.....maybe I should re-read the commandments before posting every-time ............before I post :rolleyes: or ask a mod where to put it ......IMO ......it's all a bit confusing as rules seems to change quite often as to what go where .....and when.....

As far as I am aware, the rules have not changed at all never mind 'quite often'.

Listen this was a light hearted kind of thread lets not get too heavy. No one has been targeted it was just a gentle reminder. don't everyone start posting apologies .. everyone has posted in the wrong forum form time to time myself included. Think of it this way for the main forum. If your post is not of world wide general nail interest put it in chit chat.

As far as I am aware, the rules have not changed at all never mind 'quite often'.

Listen this was a light hearted kind of thread lets not get too heavy. No one has been targeted it was just a gentle reminder. don't everyone start posting apologies .. everyone has posted in the wrong forum form time to time myself included. Think of it this way for the main forum. If your post is not of world wide general nail interest put it in chit chat.
I've done it so often Sandi has my name recorded in her 'big book' many times.

Maybe I talk too much:green:

I suggest you re-read Commandment No.11 Gigi.......:lick:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Good point Geeg, i do think we all need a little reminder sometimes on where to post and who it would benefit etc.

I will look at the commandments and remind myself right now. Although i usually do feel i am adhering to the rules.:)
I hope I am as well xx

I took it in the light hearted manner it was meant to be :hug:

I am now just going to get onto my soap box...............

Why don't some geeks adhere the commandments?
Why do some geeks read them and then discard them?
Why do some geeks read them and then do the exact opposite?

...................................Steps down off soap box before Snuggs gets into dire trouble for shouting her mouth off!

Joking aside geeky ones - we all have interesting stuff to share, so let's support the mods and the geek community by giving some thought to how we post :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I suggest you re-read Commandment No.11 Gigi.......:lick:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

11 - Thou shalt THINK about the title of thou thread

Now I thought this was really funny because I posted the thread earlier in the day under a different title 'The geek commandments' and after fifteen minutes, only one person had looked at it :lol: so I changed it and in the next 2 minutes it had had 24 views!!

Guess I was using my influence there to my advantage ... it is obvious the first title aroused no interest at all which is pretty much the way I see most geeks as viewing the geek commandments, Mr Male Geek ..................................... in any case, it got you looking at them didn't it?? :lol:

Listen this was a light hearted kind of thread lets not get too heavy. No one has been targeted it was just a gentle reminder. If your post is not of world wide general nail interest put it in chit chat.

It was taken as a light hearted discussion.....and thanks for the last part...that is easy to remember !!:hug::hug:

OK so I KNOW that it's a COMMANDMENT to not BUMP.

But I feel this thread is important, as I keep seeing the very things discussed in this thread.

SO........ *covers head*

BUMP!!

OK whoops- I don't see the rule- did I see it before? Was I seeing tiny green men running around again?

I haven't even cracked the wine bottle yet over here! :p

Latest posts

Back