Hi, a re-Post for Xen Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Star

Reaction score
Hi Eveyone!

(I posted this the other day, but I never got a response. So I thought I might re post it as I would be really grateful for any advice.
Thanks)

I am due to start a Spray Tanning day course soon and the products that are going to be used is Xen-Tan.

Just wondered what people thought of them?

Also I am doing the course through Carlton Institute and they have on offer the starter kit for £xxx.xx+ VAT .

My question is really, is this a good product to use and would it be worth me getting the starter kit?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I tried a sample of xen tan and it was ok but not really that dark and the one shade suits all skin types in my opinion does not work I am very fair and you could hardly notice it on me so if you get a dark skinned customer i cant see it suiting them, as for the package do you know what machine it is because when I was looking around for mine the one from xen tan looked like a big ugly fence sprayer . Suntana do a package for £xxx as for solutions why dont you get lots of samples before you make up your mind.

hth

Cassi

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply! :)

im very new to xen-tan and im having mixed results....
i have sprayed a few people that are dark and afterwards they looked darker and were very happy
one woman said it was the only tan she ever had where her skin did not go lizard like
people are loving the colour
on the downside i have noticed....
sometimes the guide colour looks a bit grey/ashey
it rubs off my clothes alot
it seems to fade alot faster than any other product i have sampled
i sprayed my boyfriend who is very pale and it hardly showed up, on top of that his arms did not even come out
i sprayed his face and it looked like he had one white eye patch
i sprayed a ladies feet only one foot came up
im not happy with the £10 postage cost
also for the life of me it keeps on poolin in the armpit area, no other tan has done that i keep getting grubby armpits even if i dont spray there
so its very 50/50 with me
i have serious issues with the patchy thing
phoned the rep, she has not got back to me
I think its very difficult with solutions every person takes to it differently and its hard to tell if its the person or the solution.
i have ordered some couture in cause that was amazing....
hth...albit scattered

im sorry to be negative but i completed the same course at the carlton institute a few weeks ago and i would strongly advise NOT to buy the starter kit etc............sorry just dont want you to waste your money xx

Hi. I'm not sure exactly what you have been offered. But as you have already booked the course you may be liable for charges for cancellation. Xen Tan did have some very good press when it was first in the UK, I've used the lotion and whilst is smells lovely I wasn't overly keen on the final result.

My advice, if you are happy to continue with the training, as the price, date and content suits you go with it, but shop around for equipment.

Some companies offer very affordable 'kits' and once you have your equipment can ask other companies for samples .... if you aren't happy with Xen Tan but you will only know by trying it yourself. Good luck.

Thank you everyone, that's really helped.

I think I will do the course and then have a look around for some kits.

Tanktrick seems to be very popular on here, so I think I'll check out their website.

Latest posts

Back