hi all ...i am soooo sad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can fully understand how you must be feeling.
I was with my mum when she had her 1st heart attack at 47 and again on her 2nd at 47 yrs.
Its very scarey and put the fear of god into you. The only good advice i can give is dont take it all on board by your self, if people offer to help then accept that offer, its no good running your self in to the ground. My sister was a waste of space and kept her distance as she thought mum was going to be a burden to her where as me i was there everyday making sure mum was ok, fed, watered, bather, clothed and just to be company. (never had a dad around)
Me and my sister fell out and very rarely spoke after this, it was as if none of us existed and the only ones that mattered was her own family.
Any how mum pulled through and with me going round everyday i built up a strong bond with mum, she was my mum, sister & soulmate all in one. She had a good 4 yrs of relativly good health untill 22nd feb 04 when she was 51 and had a massive heart attack that killed her out right and on that occasion she was on her own. When i found mum and all the procedures was followed, paramedics, police, undertaker, doctor they told me that even if i had been there i wouldnt have been able to do anything. And guess what...my sister was back on the scene like flies round sh!t taking this and that, infact she almost cleared the house, my grief was that bad i couldnt have cared less.

One thing that got me through all that was knowing the times that i was needed i was there, to comfort, love, talk, cuddle, help, encourage and if you can give that now then nobody can ask any more of you!
Let you sister go on believing she knows better, and you go about giving your mum as much love as possible.

My love goes out to you :hug: all round and heres to a bright future for you and your family in 2008 :hug:

So sorry, I wish I had pearls of wisdom to offer but lots of :hug::hug::hug: sent your way x

When my ex father in law had his heart attack we talked to his doctor and found out what he was allowed to do, what he had to do and what he was banned from doing. Army family's are great we plan everything like a military campaign:lol: So the doc said he had to take walks, short ones in the begining and then longer ones and he needed to be stress free, so we got him a dog. No excuses he had to walk Rebel or deal with the consequences:Scared: and apart from the exercise, he developed a new social life with the other dog walkers and had something to do when the cigarette craving came on and just having Rebel around was a great de stresser . Reb came from a shelter and became my fil best friend. Cant recomend it enough apart from that I think you are doing it all already, you just have to think one step ahead of mum, she'll want it tidy so you do the house work, next will be the ironing so do that to, then its keeping her from being board, we got fil books and jigsaws and in the begining he nodded of to sleep alot. That was 1982 and the old man is still around, Reb is long gone but there is another dog there ready to make a mess if he doesn't get his walks. Sending you :hug: and positive thoughts :hug:

So sorry to hear this. It must be a very stressful time for all of you. :hug:
You sound as if you are doing all you can offering practical help. I am sure she is getting the best care possible so put your faith in the hospital professionals. My father-in-law had a heart attack a few years ago and had good after care with lots of advice with regards to diet, medication and gentle exercise regime etc. That was about 8 or 9 years ago. Then about a year ago he started struggling when out walking and on further investigation it was found that unfortunately he would have to have bypass surgery.

However the bypass surgery was done 6 months ago and he made a brilliant recovery. Again he has had very good after care advice with regards to continuing with his diet plans, medication and gentle exercise regime and he looks really well again!

Hope everything goes well with your mum. Just do your best with your sister. Sometimes when we are all stressy its all too easy to disagree with each other and fall out etc. I'm sure you would both agree that you want what's best for your mum and your sister probably feels like crying too, so be there for each other :hug:,
Lots of love,
Mrs. Bean! xxxxx

thanks everyone...mum is in papsworth now having the dye thing today at 2 then we will know more......what a fantastic support you lot are.....its like having a second family and it makes me feel good to know i can talk to you all.....

will let you know soon how mum is.....THANKS AGAIN GUYS.....your the BEST xxxxx:hug:

So sorry to hear this hun, sending you huge :hug: xxxx

Aaawww hun, its a sad time for you, but all you can do is be there for your Dad, if he needs a shoulder or a hand, and be there for your mum, be strong and helpful!
Try not to beat yourself up too much about being useless, its seems as though you are doing everything you can!

Just being there is sometimes the greatest help! xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

sorry about this thread but need to get this off my chest.....
on the 30th dec my mum had a heart attack...i was there while she was having it and it sh*t me up....she has been in hospital since....my hubby and kids have been fantatic.....my sis is a pain cos she thinks she is always right....(we are twins but you would never beleive it...her personality stinks)

i just want to know if anything like this has happened to your parents and what help you give them.....i have been cooking for dad ....going to hospital but i dont know what else i can do to help....my mum has given up smoking (high blood pressure and smoking caused the heart attack) mum has to go to papsworth tomorrow as she is still having bit of pain in her chest.....mum and dad are going to eat healthy and take slow walks....

i just ..............dont know...i feel soooo useless ...thanks for letting me get this off my chest....its helping as i am going to burst into tears ....:hug::hug:xx

Just keep doing what you're doing SJ... helping and being there for them. It's a scary time for all because you realise that what you normally take forgranted is suddenly that more precious. What you are doing, is the right thing!! :hug:

this is what mum had today.....she is feeling very poo now because of it but fingers crossed she will be home tomorrow :D:D:Di have missed her sooooo much....

THANKS TO YOU PEOPLE over these couple of days......your always here for me....THANKS AGAIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stent Procedure

awww Sj, ive only just read this hun, im so sorry, i do hope she is ok hun, when it comes to family hun, take deep breath, and remember to make sure you put yourself first sometimes, its very easy to only think about others and forget about oursleves, take care of YOU too babes ok

let us know , how she is hun xxxxxxx :hug::hug::hug:

I've only just spotted this SJ, I'm sorry hun, it must be a total shock.

You can only do what you are doing, and just be there for your Dad, hopefully your Mum's home now and feeling a little better - being home will help.

Take care & hugs to you and your Mum & family :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

good news everyone....mum is home!!!!!!!.......

she needs to rest and i will make her!!!!....

thanks to you all for caring....it means so very much to me...THANK YOU AGAIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug::hug::hug:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug::hug::hug:

That's really good news SJ. Yes, make sure she takes it easy.

hun im sorry to hear about your mum, i wish her a full and speedy recovery:hug:

i cant offer much help as i have never been in the situation you are in but it sounds like you are doing a fab job of being helpfull

maybe when your mum is feeling better you can do things like go swimming with her once a week as swimming is such a fab non impact exercise and can be a fab mum and daughter thing to do, go for a swim then have a little light lunch and a chat:)

i hope you are ok and things get back to normal soon for your mum, dad, and you and your family:hug:

thats brill that she is home flower. - stay strong for them both hun, they will need you more than ever now. lots of hugs to you flower

Thats fantastic news! :hug::hug:

Just read this thread... sorry:hug:

I am so glad she is home, look after yourself and HER:hug:

thank you sooooooooo much my geeky freinds.....all your kind words of wisdom have made me deal with this situation...your all so blinking kind...

thank you all xxx:hug:xxxx

gotta give up smoking now and eat healthy....i have heart disease in my blood...got a date when me and hubby are going to stop 26th jan.....keep fingers crossed for me!!!!!....i NEED THEM!!!! xxxx

That's brill news about your mum, I hope she has a speedy recovery from now on! And good luck with the giving up smoking. :hug:

I am soooooooooo glad for you that she is home now!! I'm sure she'll make a speedy recovery with such a loving daughter and family!

Do take care of yourself as well, and try not to stress too much. Easier said than done, I know.

Giant hugs from across the great big blue
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back