hi all ...i am soooo sad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
sorry about this thread but need to get this off my chest.....
on the 30th dec my mum had a heart attack...i was there while she was having it and it sh*t me up....she has been in hospital since....my hubby and kids have been fantatic.....my sis is a pain cos she thinks she is always right....(we are twins but you would never beleive it...her personality stinks)

i just want to know if anything like this has happened to your parents and what help you give them.....i have been cooking for dad ....going to hospital but i dont know what else i can do to help....my mum has given up smoking (high blood pressure and smoking caused the heart attack) mum has to go to papsworth tomorrow as she is still having bit of pain in her chest.....mum and dad are going to eat healthy and take slow walks....

i just ..............dont know...i feel soooo useless ...thanks for letting me get this off my chest....its helping as i am going to burst into tears ....:hug::hug:xx

I am sorry to hear this. My Dad had a heart attack when he was 50, it was very bad and we didn't know if he was going to survive so I know how you feel. He slowly recovered but it is a very worrying time.

All you can do is be there for them:hug::hug::hug:

oh sj

i am so sorry to hear about your mum

you and you family are in my prayers

stay positive honey

Ahh hun :hug: it sounds like she's turning over a new leaf which is good, as for anything else, just keep lending a hand I'm sure its greatly appreciated and make sure she sticks to her new way of life.

As for your sister, sit and talk to her and tell her two hands and minds are better than one.

Hi SJ,

Firstly, I am so sorry about what has happenned. It's always at times like these that differences between family members turn from a crack into a cavern, so while your twin may feel like an alien to you, i'm sure it will be okay.

My mum has always had heart problems, and it's something i've grown up with. We're a few heart attacks down now, and each time i've worried what to do. All i've found is just keeping the day to day stuff at home going, and asking my mum what she would like me to do, works quite well. All you can do is provide your love & support.

I truly hope that everything is okay for you, your mum, and your family.

Hi sj.

First of all, loads of :hug:for you and your family. What a shock for you all!
I haven't had this happen to a parent, but I have had three friends in the last couple of years who have had a heart attack. What I would add to what's already been said is, to find out exactly what the doctors recommend as a course of action and make sure your mum sticks to it. They really know what they're talking about. It was only through following the doc's advice that all three of my friends have more or less fully recovered.

Be strong, be supportive, but also make sure you keep just a little time and energy for yourself. It's so easy to run yourself into the ground, but you need to keep yourself well to be able to look after your family.

Keep us posted on how your mum progresses.

Lots of hugs for you and your family SJ :hug::hug::hug:

big :hug: to you and your mum babes...sorry i know nothing of heart attacks but it does sound as though the changes she is making are for the best.

i know i should have wrote this is blogs but as soon as i got on this site i felt i had to ask for help from you lot.....i knew i would not be diappointed by all of your surpport.....you lot are truely amazing...THANK YOU :hug::hug::hug:

as for my sis...were twins but totally different....i have tried talking to her but its like this :grr:....and i have given up.....

i will know more tomorrow after papsworth cos she is having dye in her to see the damage of her heart......my mum is 57 ...like your dad adlele very young....

thanks geeks for letting me rant on about this but i just feel better telling you all.....

going tomorrow to get her some flowers and clean her house ....just to help out ....... so when she comes home (hope sat) she wont need to do anything.....i am going to have a good soak in bath and cry on hubby shoulder....i feel drained.....THANKS again my friends....i you all are truely fabulous people xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are all here for you hun, lot of :hug::hug: for you and your family during this difficult time. You are in my prayers and thoughts xx

oh hun you poor thing , :hug: , i would just do as you are doing hun, being there for them both , i know they will appreciate it , :green:
hope she gets better soon , take care xxxx

Sending love to you all. My mum has a bad heart and has been in and out of hospital the last few weeks, its so heartbreaking and sad at this time of year. All I can say is try and keep strong, but also try and have a heart to heart with someone that will listen and care for you too. xx:hug:

just keep doing what your doing and that will be a great help to your mum.

I have no practical help or advice I'm afraid but I just wanted to wish your mum the best and let you know I'm thinking of you. :hug:

You're doing all you possibly can at this very difficult time. Thinking of you :hug:

Thinking of you hun:hug:

It sounds like your doing everything you possible can. Hope she gets better soon and lots of:hug:.

What a shock for you ! Sending your mum lots of prayers and hoping she's back fighting fit again soon. xxx

ohh bless! Im sure you are doing all you can, hope your family are back to normal soon, x

Big hugs and snuggs to you and ALL of your family - you will come out of this a stronger person and your mum will feel so proud of having such a loving and caring daughter :hug:

Latest posts

Back