Hi all - Morgan Taylor opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinalouiseXx

Reaction score
I've been reading a few threads about OPI and feel they no longer are a professional product I hear they are going to accompany the opi Nichole in SuperDrug ... I've spent so much money on these products and torn with what to get now.
I think I'm swaying towards Morgan Taylor.. Would anyone be able to point out any cons with this brand or better recommendations.
Isn't it a shame they can't take your old polishs off your hands and swap them
Thank you for reading
XxX

I find Morgan Taylor very thin...needing more coats. Beautiful colour range though!

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ohh ok.. Do you mind me asking what you use?

I find morgan Taylor polishes go thick very quickly. I live in a tropical climate so even though aircon is used daily I can't get polish to last. Whereas OPI stays nicely.
I used to use Jessica polishes when I was working in London or the new brand by young nails caption is also fabulous or Nsi make zoya which is beautiful and salon exclusive !

I use China Glaze.

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use China Glaze which I find great, good coverage and last well. I have also used Jessica in the past when working within a salon. Also excellent.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanx everyone. Think will try a few china glaze, see how I get on xx

I've tried sooooo many.
In my opinion:

Morgan Taylor look good in the bottle, very thin & need like 4 coats to get decent coverage.
China glaze- amazing colours chip really quickly.
I now use all that jazz, colours match my gelish, fab colour range & full coverage in 2 coats.
Can't recommend it enough :) xx

Ah thank you that was a good run down. All that jazz...
I just googled and the coloursdo look lovely xx

I've been reading a few threads about OPI and feel they no longer are a professional product I hear they are going to accompany the opi Nichole in SuperDrug ... I've spent so much money on these products and torn with what to get now.
I think I'm swaying towards Morgan Taylor.. Would anyone be able to point out any cons with this brand or better recommendations.
Isn't it a shame they can't take your old polishs off your hands and swap them
Thank you for reading
XxX

Hi Ninalouise,

I use a mixture of mainly OPI, including their Gelcolor, Morgan Taylor and Vinylux. Whether or not a product is widely available in my humble opinion is not too relevant to me as OPI is a recognised professional brand for quality and innovation regardless of where it can be purchased from.

Currently as it stands at the moment, anyone can order OPI online through their own website, through QVC and Salon Services to name a couple of places. In the Sally stores that are not Trade only (like my local one) anyone can buy OPI, China Glaze, Morgan Taylor and Nina Pro, and would pay the retail price whereas professionals benefit from the trade pricing.

But at the end of the day you do have to go with what your gut tells you and you need to be passionate about your brand choices for sure.

Em
x

Thanx misschichi
XxX

No probs, would love to hear what you decide on, I'm heading down to Salon services at lunch time to get my polish fix lol x

Latest posts

Back