Hi Geeg. Can you answer my question further down about clean prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
Nobody has answered but the best person to help me with this question I think is you.

What is clean prep and does it involve no filing of the nail plate?

If you want a personal answer from Geeg...just PM her

exerpt from Geek Commandments.........

.3 - Thou shalt Private Message if thy post is for one person.
Posts like 'hey sally, give me a buzz' is like texting 10,000 people in hopes that one of them will be the person you are trying to talk to. If your message is for 1 person, PM it. If its for more, post it!

No need for another thread......you could also just have bumped up the one you already started by posting on it again. If I were you I would pick one to stick with and delete the other...HTH:)

I don't have this months Scratch yet so I don't know what article you are referring to, maybe you could actually quote what was said in it on your thread....and someone else maybe able to help in some way before Geeg logs back on.:)........I am sure I am not alone in wanting to know more!!!

Although I agree with you Izzi about using PMs if a question and answer is only relevant to one person, I do feel that who ever can answer the definition of "clean prep" the answer is one that would be of benefit to many other geeks so a public answer would be a good move.

OK ... 'clean' prep (as opposed to 'dirty' prep) is something I came up with a while ago.

Every CND tech does CLEAN prep (at least that is how they are taught)because that has been CND philosophy for EVER. No destruction, degrading, thinning or etching of the nail plate during PREP. Meaning, that all that is necessary to do to the nail plate in order for CND products to stick fast with no lifting is to exfoliate and CLEAN the surface of the plate. There is never any need to etch or use a rough abrasive on the surface of the plate ... all CND users need to do is to remove oil or contamination (dirt) from the plate. CND products are more technically advanced so there is less to do.

The same philosophy is used for removing cuticle. No abrasives, No harsh chemicals, just cuticle remover and a sanitised metal implement used gently to remove all non living tissue (cuticle). CLEAN and GENTLE techniques that keep the natural nail plate strong and healthy ... why? Because the stronger the nail plate is, the less lifting and other problems cleints have.

Most other products require much more to be done to the surface of the natural nail plate or the product just won't stick to it. Most techs end up just filing off cuticle and filing off the surface and then using primer etc before the product will even begin to stick. I call this dirty prep because it is invasive and not gentle and much more destructive.

When I demonstrate CND PREP to people, they can't believe how little I have to do or how few products I use to do it. And I never get lifting on the nails I do. Everyone goes on and on about lifting, and it is something I never even think about.

Although I agree with you Izzi about using PMs if a question and answer is only relevant to one person, I do feel that who ever can answer the definition of "clean prep" the answer is one that would be of benefit to many other geeks so a public answer would be a good move.

I don't have this months Scratch yet so I don't know what article you are referring to, maybe you could actually quote what was said in it on your thread....and someone else maybe able to help in some way before Geeg logs back on.:)........I am sure I am not alone in wanting to know more!!![/

I agree Oey.......I just didn't see the need for duplication....I said I didn't see the need for duplication!!!

Oh I still miss Fred Elliot:lol:

What did you say??..lol
Sorry couldn't resist!!

Latest posts

Back